Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Curve 5 axis help

CNC CHRIS

That said you can make curve 5 Axis work like you need. I would still have made the tilt lines to stay off the walls to keep the shank of the defined tool from rubbing, but you will need to add transitional vector lines at the end of the last angle to force Mastercam to correct the tilt from the last vector to the next one you had. This where what I call Jacobs ladder for Vector creation come from going all the way back to V9 days over 22 years ago. I also took the last vector normal to the floor and rotated it around to help force the tool normal. Without them helping control the tool it was still leaning over from the tilted wall. 

5_Axis_Vectors.jpg

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, CNC CHRIS said:

Unified worked perfect!

i was also playing around with 5axis curve and got it to work,

all i did was changed the start point of my toolpath and it works. Not sure how or why lol

5 axis.PNG

You will do well going about the same thing when faced with problems. Keep trying and learning what not to do.

• Like 1

Here is my version of this file using Unified with no geometry creation necessary

Note That I've set Max Point Distribution on the Cut Pattern/Advanced Options page to .040

This should yield a nice smooth toolpath

Also, I've used Starting  point and forced a .040 overlap with the extend/trim setting

This will help minimize a mark at the start of the toolpath

gcode 5x curve.zip

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2