Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error on G53.5 in subprogram

Hello all, i have been having some issues trying to get subprograms to work with a Mazak Integrex 200-IV, the 5-axis version with tail stock and no lower turret.

We are using the dialogue for most of the part, but some roughing has been programmed with GibbsCAM.

The issues arise when we try to add the subs to the main program, as in order to have priority on them (have them run in a different order of what they are in the main program), we need to program it in the "manual program" block.

We have tried simply writing

M98P10488

and it manages to start running the program, but as it gets to the line with M53.5 it gets an alarm, "807 Invalid format".

When using the normal subprogram block it runs just fine, but that dosent  have priority, and therefore requires us to stop the program midway, run the EIA, then continue where we left off.

Neither the M98 nor G65 make any difference, nor having the manual program direct to a subprogram block like this:

M198P53152Q95

That is Mazatrol subprogram, program number 53152, block 96.

I imagine it needs some other G or M code, but i am clueless. usually the manual program blocks dont require any starting block, meaning writing G0X0Z10 simply runs it without any hiccup. 

Your mistake is trying to run eia that complex through the Mazatrol side of things. I recommend switching over to full EIA for the parts to avoid this problem. Easy cheesy simple stuff okay, but involved complex stuff run it eia and call it a day. You can still let Mazatrol control the tools and those thing, but when running the machine let the CAM drive not Mazatrol.

Sorry, but have to ask no takers on the GIBBS forum?

Running 100% EIA would absolutely increase productivity significantly, but the bosses aren't too keen on such a large investment into training and software licences, PC's or servers capable of running it, and all the previous programs that would have to be re-made.

As it is right now, we have 1 dedicated person for making EIA, while only a few operators know it besides him. It works, but it result in less than optimal production time.

And i didn't even try on the GibbsCAM forum, as i didn't think the CAM would really play any role in the issue. Besides, this seems way more active.

10 hours ago, TerjeS said:

but the bosses aren't too keen on such a large investment into training and software licences, PC's or servers capable of running it, and all the previous programs that would have to be re-made.

How often do you need these complicated subs?  If it is all the time then maybe you need all of the above.  But if it is just a once in a while, then it shouldn't be an issue.  You would only run that entire part in EIA, you wouldn't have to ditch Mazatrol for the simple parts.

Any chance you can call a Mazatrol program from an EIA program?