Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 11 Issue

Dgribble

I was needing a little insight on how to correct my highlighting in Windows 11.

Now that I'm on widows 11, all my versions of Mastercam from 2021 thru 2023 does not highlight my 'chaining dialog' box. It's difficult when looking to add new geometry to know, without stopping and hovering over the selection method to know which selection is active! I've been through all the settings but am exhausted at looking for a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot to show the issue, hopefully it can be seen.

Danny R Gribble

MCAM SCREEN SHOT.docx

I have the same issue on my Windows 11 computer. I talked to my reseller about it and was told he was not aware of any complaints about not seeing the box highlighted but he said very few of the companies he talks to have switched to Windows 11 yet. He was going to ask CNC Software about it but never did get back to me so I took that as not having a solution to make the box show up as highlighted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not tried it yet, but there's a Classic Shell app that's supposed to restore the look and feel to any desired windows version. W11 is absolute garbage when it comes to native control rendering. In the dialog you provided, the 1px gray border is the only cue that the button is down.

If you try the shell app, please let us know if it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I brought this up when W11 was first released. An R# was assigned and they were looking into it. Since this is interface related, I doubt you'll see a fix before the next release. Fingers crossed they do address it in 2024 as I do like W11 and would prefer to switch to it for everything.

just spitballing an idea, but does the steps below resolve that problem?  i dont have this issue so i cant test it but just a thought

source kb article 17631

• Right-click on the Mastercam shortcut on your Desktop, or Mastercam.exe in the program folder.
  • Select Properties from the list that appears.
  • Choose the Compatibility tab along the top.
  • Under Settings, check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior.
  • Choose System from the options in the drop-down box.
  • Do not choose Application or System Enhanced.

ID50479-5.png