Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Threads - "Spring pass" wipes out threads

ThickChips

Hello,

I am attempting to thread 3.75 - 12 UN 2A on some cold rolled low carb.

I have 2 separate ops for this. First is the thread cycle. Then the second is a spring pass (see screen shots and output code) to work in the thread.

When running the first cycle, the cut is smooth but the crest of the thread is very flat and wide. Clearly and unusable thread not to size. This makes no sense to me.

Finally  when i run the spring pass op, the thread is cut heavy and produces a chattered thread that now looks more like the form of the thread im cutting.

Both posted ops are almost identical with exception of first pass depth (or whatever D value is). Its deeper in the spring pass because its going to full depth which makes sense to me.

Control is a Haas NGC. 

Any ideas whats going wrong?

Thanks a lot!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

SPRING.PNG

Hi all, thanks for helping with this.

Update, on a fresh piece i just ran the roughing cycle and the thread was as expected, too big, large crests.

I comped the tool about ten thousandths and made a perfect thread (according to pitch mics and gage)

I will test after lunch and run the spring cycle and see if it wipes the threads out.

I did notice there is a varying Z start position and wondered if there isnt mismatched threads