Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Part to rotation to pin banks

Savagestove

Hello all,

I'm in my first year programming and I'm make a fixture that works with 30 different parts. I've been rotating my parts by eye to get by but I need a better method. 

I'd like to constrain the center hole of my part to my wcs zero and rotate the tailend of it until its tangent to the pin bank. The only problem is the hole isnt on center with the banking edge. So I can't just to a straight rotate. I also can't tell if I actually get the rotation down right sometimes either due to the graphics. Any help with my stupidity?

example.png

Constrain hole to wcs and bank part to pin.emcam

Definitely would help if I had 2023 so thank you for that, our IT department won’t let us have that until all the “bugs” are worked out. Even though my 2022 is littered with them. Any other potential ideas for 2022 version?

8 hours ago, ajmer said:

not sure if this helps you or not

but in 2023 you can bump solids

see video here

https://www.screencast.com/t/4xtkjRBM9kNt

I would use a Circle drawn from the center of the hole in the part and have it intersect the center of the pin. I would then use curve on edge near the one edge closest to the part. Then draw a line between the intersection of the edge back to the center and intersection of the arc to the pin back to the center. Measure the angle between them and I got 1.9486 degrees. Now rotate the part from the center of the hole the 1.9486 degrees. It will get you close, but not perfect. You need to intersect the tangential intersection of the pin with the one edge and on this example I was off .00208 from that perfect intersection. Now you could rotate the part back a little more until almost perfect, but when a best fitting process that adjust according to the tangential intersection would be best. I played with it using dynamic transform and using the adjust function on it to align he rotation process back to the intersection of the edge to the pin. I was able to adjust it backward .01 degrees and get it within .0002" of the tangential intersection. Some work, but that should get you close enough.

Here is a screen shot showing the angle. and the file back with my attempt to make it as close as possible. I will remove this after 2 weeks and replaced with a link to my Dropbox account since we are limited to file sizes on this site.

Edited by crazy^millman
Picture and file Removed
  • 2 months later...