Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trim toolpath not working in 4x cor setup w/ contour multi-pass

SlaveCam

Because it is a possible defect. I have always drawn my chains in situations like this. That way I get lead in and out at each cut. This is the biggest reason I have never used trim and will probably never use it. No intelligence built into the process. It is a dumb brick of a process. Take a look and let me know what you think.

TRIM_5_CHAINS.gif

Hi and thanks for input

That's what I ended up doing. This time Trim would have been perfect for my use case - if only it had worked. Drawing geometry by hand always takes more time. And yes, I can't recall the last time I used Trim and yes, it sucks because it doesn't even support compensating for cutter diameter.

I wonder if they fix this...most likely not.