Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Edit 8 not starting due to missing MSVCR100.dll

parallax7761@comcast.net

Hi all, I have an issue with my Cimco Edit 8 not starting up. I worked with my IT support twice to try and resolve this. They installed more visual studio files and Microsoft files they even reinstalled Mastercam and all we did was get the error message to change to "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to clost the application" The original error message was "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."  Please let me know if you have ever encountered something like this or if you know how to fix. I might try to reinstall MCAM again considering the first reinstall was done before some of those visual studio files were installed. 

I had this problem back in March. I ended up contacting my reseller and this is what the solution ended up being for me.

Go to - Program Files -> Mastercam 2022 -> Mastercam -> common -> Editors -> CIMCOEdit8 -> Sys (I assume this folder is in the same file path for everyone)

In this folder there are some .exe files that need to be run:

vcredist_x86.exe

vcredist2010sp1_x86.exe

vcredist2012_x86.exe

vcredist2013_x86.exe

vcredist2015_x86.exe

If memory serves me right, once these have all been executed, it should be all set. Also, I was told that sometimes the 2015 file will just throw an error. If this happens, that particular file can be ignored. It did not throw an error for me, but it may for others.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...