Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Functions from Comments

So, I've been getting more into basic post edits. It's appears I've stepped into something that my extremely limited knowledge of coding has stumped me. First off, I don't even know the proper terminology for what I'm trying to do. So please bear with me here.

I'm trying to convert? an Operation comment into a string so I can do a Regex to set a flag to do something.

Basically if the operation comment has the word Rough in it. I want it to turn on the cover coolant of the machine. Cause I'm lazy and don't want to setup Misc Int's.

My search on the forum hasn't yielded anything, cause im probably searching for the wrong thing.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, metzenwest said:

So, I've been getting more into basic post edits. It's appears I've stepped into something that my extremely limited knowledge of coding has stumped me. First off, I don't even know the proper terminology for what I'm trying to do. So please bear with me here.

I'm trying to convert? an Operation comment into a string so I can do a Regex to set a flag to do something.

Basically if the operation comment has the word Rough in it. I want it to turn on the cover coolant of the machine. Cause I'm lazy and don't want to setup Misc Int's.

My search on the forum hasn't yielded anything, cause im probably searching for the wrong thing.

Thanks,

What have your tried?

The abstract; at tool change, read the operation comment into a variable using opinfo.  Once you have the comment, use the regex function to parse it.

Yeah I have a had this idea to control high speed settings (G05.1 ect), for a while now.  Haven't done it yet, but I will eventually.  For me I would use it on top of MI/MR values and make it so you can do one or the other.  One of those things that you need to know it's there to use it.  Hence why it likely isn't done very often.  but being able to use comments to pass data, you can pass a lot of settings in a very efficient manner when it comes to turning them on and off.

• 4 weeks later...

our dealer did this with a post for our feeler pallet. it was done with a flag

when m62 is put in the manual entry to signify pallet 2 it switches output to m62 for each tool change

this is to prevent misoperation. you have to try hard to run the wrong pallet

this is a snippet of the tool change block

if pallet_flg = 1, pbld, n$, "M62", "(PALLET B)", e$
      else, pbld, n$, "M61", "(PALLET A)", e$