Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

First part using 2023

TERRYH

Programming our first part using 2023 and not liking it so far, could rant but it wouldn't help, So I have two questions does anyone know how to make the in plus stay selected when it is set and not have to re select it every single time it needs used, and second when doing drilling and point to point is selected as the method and you try to select the starting point it does not work and starts where ever it wants, is there a reason for this not working or a way to make it work ?  The part I am working is rather large carpet mold for GM 88x62x29

carpet.png

taskbar.png

• Like 1

Terry, point to point sorting starting point had an issue with selection in the base release, which was fixed in Update 2. Basically, it was choosing to ignore the user selected start point and simply making the most efficient shortest distance path.

2023 Update 2 is available and contains a large number of fixes, including where you're probably not liking it in Machine Group Setup. I'd suggest downloading and installing that as soon as is practical.

• Like 1

We have update 2 and it does not work for either of us. And yes it is very annoying when they change the name of something, but when you hover your mouse over it, it shows the old name still really why even mess with some of the stuff they do. 🤬

MC.png

9 hours ago, TERRYH said:

Programming our first part using 2023 and not liking it so far, could rant but it wouldn't help, So I have two questions does anyone know how to make the in plus stay selected when it is set and not have to re select it every single time it needs used, and second when doing drilling and point to point is selected as the method and you try to select the starting point it does not work and starts where ever it wants, is there a reason for this not working or a way to make it work ?  The part I am working is rather large carpet mold for GM 88x62x29

carpet.png

taskbar.png

Very cool part!!!!

5 hours ago, Fred @ Slate Industries said:

Can't stand how small all of the text is in the tool libraries and inside the tool paths themselves.

Reseller said no can do...

That's how it is. 

Fred, have you tried using the font scaling for Windows? What resolution monitor are you running on?

An example of the windows settings at 100%, and then at 150%:

1199518741_100.thumb.png.26981fae8d7cfdc00cb02290f9cae79f.png

658249785_150.thumb.png.4748f1b34aa8eb72315ec898eb7b25aa.png

Also found the update tool does not work if you have a tool 3" long and want to change it to 3.5 and the pop up asks if you want to update it and all its used or create a new assy neither works..................getting tired of this really fast. 🤬

9 hours ago, TERRYH said:

Also found the update tool does not work if you have a tool 3" long and want to change it to 3.5 and the pop up asks if you want to update it and all its used or create a new assy neither works..................getting tired of this really fast. 🤬

Terry, in looking at Update 3, there's an item that I saw that I believe addresses this issue as well. 

I have custom RMB and my ribbon toolbar(s)

Quite a few didn't migrate over.

They are not even visible in my custom toolbar or even in the All commands to bring it in.

Work around :

re install 2023 and in advance install Do Not check Workspace files . Now commands are visible in All Commands and you can re create your 2022 toolbars manually  etc.

Enjoy !!