Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mam 72 keep relay to not eject the last machined pallet?

35 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

I guess I don't fully understand the question. Can you give some more detail?

after the last pallet in the que is run it puts it in the pallet rack leaving the machine empty. it gives an alarm about coolant I'm guessing because the draw mechanism is exposed

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

after the last pallet in the que is run it puts it in the pallet rack leaving the machine empty. it gives an alarm about coolant I'm guessing because the draw mechanism is exposed

The two aren't even related. Empty machine is OK so long as it's "waiting".

So, you're saying that the machine is left empty and the machine shuts down (as expected), then when the warmup program in the morning is activated it won't run because the machine is empty?

What MAM72 model and manufacture date? Date is on the Matsuura tag on the machine.

35v

It's brand new. I can grab the date tomorrow.

Yes it's not in standby mode as far as I know the program #1 ends. It shuts down and then the automatic timer starts the machine back up.

Our other 35v never leaves the machine empty.

If I turn the coolant neglect button on I can run the warm-up program while it's empty

We normally set MAM72's as follows;

1. RESTART SUPPORT FUNCTION(WHEN OPERATOR DOOR OPEN) = EFFECTIVE
  2. CHIP FLOW ON WHEN 2nd POWER ON = INEFFICTIVE
  3. SELECT THE MANAGEMENT WHEN THERE IS NO READY SIGNAL AT APC = WAITING
  4. THE INTERRUPTION PALLET IS TRANSPORTED TO THE MACHINE IN TOP PRIORITY = EFFECTIVE
  5. COUNTERMEASURE FOR HAVING SPECIFIED TOOL NOT BEING ON TOOL TABLE = M6 ALARM
  6. WHEN A TOOL THAT REACHES AN ALARM LEVEL OF TOOL BREAKAGE OR WARNING LEVEL IS SPECIFIED, THE ALARM IS ISSUED. = M6 ALARM
  7. PALLET NO. IN A MACHINE IS TRANSMITTED TO A MACRO VARIABLE (D12420) = EFFECTIVE (We set D12420 to 549)

The actual Keep Relay numbers can vary from model to model.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

We normally set MAM72's as follows;

1. RESTART SUPPORT FUNCTION(WHEN OPERATOR DOOR OPEN) = EFFECTIVE
  2. CHIP FLOW ON WHEN 2nd POWER ON = INEFFICTIVE
  3. SELECT THE MANAGEMENT WHEN THERE IS NO READY SIGNAL AT APC = WAITING
  4. THE INTERRUPTION PALLET IS TRANSPORTED TO THE MACHINE IN TOP PRIORITY = EFFECTIVE
  5. COUNTERMEASURE FOR HAVING SPECIFIED TOOL NOT BEING ON TOOL TABLE = M6 ALARM
  6. WHEN A TOOL THAT REACHES AN ALARM LEVEL OF TOOL BREAKAGE OR WARNING LEVEL IS SPECIFIED, THE ALARM IS ISSUED. = M6 ALARM
  7. PALLET NO. IN A MACHINE IS TRANSMITTED TO A MACRO VARIABLE (D12420) = EFFECTIVE (We set D12420 to 549)

The actual Keep Relay numbers can vary from model to model.

Ok I'll check the book