Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2022 system configuration issue

Joeyls319

Hello all.

Having an issue with the System configurations in Mastercam 2022.  Everything I change is not staying as I set it.  I will change something and click "apply" and then save it.

Then the next time I start a session of mastercam, none of my changes stayed.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Joey

47 minutes ago, Joeyls319 said:

I agree with you Millman.

I got my first issue resolved but now my function keys are not working.  They are working fine in mastercam 2019 but not 2022.

any else come across this.

Thinking I should go back to using 2019.

The KMP file was not carried over correctly in their process. Need to map the KMP file and they will come back. Not a Mastercam issue, but again lack of IT experience and knowledge related to what and how Mastercam needs things.

We have customers who cannot update Mastercam until at least 2 versions have passed because their IT departments don't want to be bothered with installing it. I asked the head of IT at one of the Fortune 50 companies does your IT people use the latest anti virus definitions and software? He popped a hug smile on his face saying the help lead the way for Cyber-crime deterrence and other great achievements. I then said that is great then how do you expect the programmers to be able to stay as competitive and on the leading edge if it take 2-3 years before your IT people can update the CAM software? Lets ask your IT people to follow those same requirements and see how long you hold on to those accomplishments. He was not smiling anymore after that go figure. :welcome:

if you IT is not willing to disable one drive you could move your my mastercam folder, you must use mastercam to do it properly but basically you just go to file --> config --> files, then choose a new folder for the "my Mastercam Folder" and once you choose a new location that is not on one drive you simply hit yes to the question on copying the contents of the existing folder over to the new and it will take a few minutes, it will copy the folder over to the new location and it will then properly update the registry for mastercam to utilize this new my mastercam folder location. So its relatively easy, i would just build a new folder on your c drive before you begin and place it right on the c drive or wherever you want to place it where it will be safe or where its not going to get accidently deleted or anything (meaning do not use the desktop for that location)