Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

does anyone else experience with chains disappearing from chaining window

lowcountrycamo

I am working on a large aero bulkhead and have had a heluvatime getting through this part.  Several times a day chains will disappear from the chaining window and when this happens other chains are duplicated in the chaining window.  My reseller did not believe me until I sent him a zip.  The reply from Mastercam is to re select.  

Another problem I have had is that the tplane and cplane are switching to Top.   Just checking if others have had this issue.  I think it has something to do with the large file.

thanks

steve austin

Yes, I've experience it , and have reported it ...

last info. I got is it is fix for 2024.. so that mean you have to put up

with it until next year?..

suggest do all your chain  trim,radii corners, chamfers corners and editing before you

add tool chain

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, lowcountrycamo said:

I am referring to the tplane and cplane in the toolpath switching from my custom plane to TOP.  When this happens, I can see the toolpath in a different location.

tplane issue.png

No can't say that happen to me, I have had tplane and cplane move on me, so I'm in the habit of locking custom plane one I create them

50 minutes ago, JoshC said:

i replicated the plane changing to top issue after a customer reported it to me and submitted Ticket #56003 on this and am waiting for cnc software to respond, If anyone from cnc software wants to see a video of this happening  Ticket #56003 has it shown. 

To get through this part I broke position 1 and 2 into different files and moved everything to the Top plane.   This thead has helped me immensely just to know I am not going crazy. 

Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

Might think about limiting undo events in the Start/Exit in Mastercam configurations. I have had my hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys get up to 900gb before when working on larger files. The system is becoming starved for Memory to work with. Even though I have a 128gb of memory and almost 1tb of space in my 2TB M2 drive it was all gone because Mastercam was using every bit of it on the larger files creating all kinds of stability issues. I did this about 3 years ago and night and day different for me using Mastercam with large files. Mastercam has had and still has a memory leak issue so we need to mitigate these issues, but not allowing it to take over virtual memory with unlimited undo events.

image.thumb.png.c43d54cf59536170c7d3400d22810875.png

Another thing is never use over 85% of the computer memory in the toolpaths page depending on the memory the computer has. I have seen people think setting this to 100% helps an it does to complete opposite. Windows 7 and above need memory to support all the bloatware data stealing process on your computer. They cannot be send all of our information to the NSA and Homeland Security without the constancy communication to the outside world. We tell Mastercam it can use all the memory then the system starts to suffer effecting the use of the computer. Someone has only 16gb on the system they should do the opp site and turn it down to only 25% for memory. They will find Mastercam should be more stable since whoever cheaped out and only got what Windows needed for memory to even run as robbed them of using any program correctly in a Windbloated system. I have 111gb of memory I let Mastercam use and I see 90gb get used on large files.

image.thumb.png.a057f6fb5e94422ae150af105c65a887.png

image.thumb.png.4760a94550a96c0fd47543f6d0b3776d.png

1-2GB should be the limit of any Mastercam file. I have had 1800 operation 2GB files going across 8 different machine groups and it was stable on this system. Mastercam was a struggle and I was waiting 3-5 minutes sometimes, but that customer demanded no breaking of files. When we have reasonable customers with a good understanding not trying to sabotage our work then we can break up the files with no issue. Yes I have been called in before to prove Mastercam wasn't capable of doing what they considered world class CAM only to shut them up and get Mastercam accepted as good if not better more than once. Yes for those critical of me saying this I have a family to feed like you and using Mastercam is how I accomplish that task.

• Like 3