Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Processor Installation

Hi all

I have query regarding the installation of post processors from a central location.
Currently we have 50 seats on Mastercam installed in a third level college. We update to the latest edition yearly and must manually add the posts to each PC. As you can appreciate this takes a considerable amount of time to complete. 
I am wondering if it is possible to install the posts on a server and access them from there for each Pc or can they be included with the installation. 
If you have any other suggestions that would simplify this process that would be great.
Thanks

Regards
David

1 minute ago, David123 said:

I am wondering if it is possible to install the posts on a server and access them from there for each Pc

Yes, it is...

Create the spzce on your network....and place all of the post files in there

Then in your local machine Mastercam config file, point it to the netwrok location.

Be sure to remove all of the posts from the local installation, if Mastercam finds a local copy it will run home to that location....

You "may" need to open each Control Def and point it to the post files network location...I always keep them in the same folder whn storing on a network

Does your IT Department manage the pc's using an image?  Or if they do manage them with scripted installs, you could theoretically script the installs and then make a quick powershell script that would copy all needed files to each machine.  That said, do it with JP's method and just push the config file out to each machine once it is installed.

Thanks for your feedback. 

9 hours ago, JParis said:

You "may" need to open each Control Def and point it to the post files network location

Students will need to select the network location and update the Control Def individually. If they log onto a different PC they will need to go through the steps again as defaults are assigned to user profiles. Will I need to remove the local files from each PC?

Is this were the Control Def is updated?

image.png.b15f0863ef134085d91432ef9df37c15.png

28 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Does your IT Department manage the pc's using an image?  Or if they do manage them with scripted installs, you could theoretically script the installs and then make a quick powershell script that would copy all needed files to each machine.

To my knowledge the IT department deploys an image to all the PC's. The Powershell script could be a potential option. I will need to have a chat with the IT department.

Ultimately I need the simplest solution possible to avoid any issues.

Many Thanks

David 

10 hours ago, David123 said:

Students will need to select the network location and update the Control Def individually. If they log onto a different PC they will need to go through the steps again as defaults are assigned to user profiles. Will I need to remove the local files from each PC?

Is this were the Control Def is updated?

image.png.b15f0863ef134085d91432ef9df37c15.png

It would ONLY need to be done once to the Network copies....