Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OPERATION NAME OR NCI NAME

Hi to all, Sorry for my english.

Is there any way to know if all operation have the same name?. When one or some operations have diferent name, it generate some NC files.

The parameter 15107 is the NCI Output Destination File Name, but if I try to read in pwwrt$ is the same, some diferents files.

I want to make some code to exit post and show that not all operatios have the same name.

When do I have to read de opinfo value?

Thanks to all.

As far as I know it, the post processing is only processing the operations with the same NC file name. With multiple NC file names, it will process it separate per NC file name.

To see in Mastercam the program number and NC file name do the following:

In the toolpath manager, right click on a operation and select "Display options"

enable "Toolpath file name" and "Program number", the values are placed at the toolpath line of the operation. 

image.jpeg.8c94a9b366124aa077a234a1b6ce92a3.jpeg

To solve you're problem select all operations and right mouse click --> Edit selected operations --> Change NC Filename

10 hours ago, eltklas said:

Yes, I know that solution. Thanks.

But if it is possible I should find a way to do that in the post. 

If there are some different names it generates some files NC. 

Really it is not a problem, just curiosity. Thanks

Not really, using "the post variables/logic", because only "selected operations" get passed to MP.DLL, during the Posting Process.

If you look at your Toolpaths Manager, with all Ops selected, press the "G1" button, and set the NC File to "Ask", then press OK >

MP.DLL will bring up a "Save As" NC File Name box.

Move the box out of the way of your Toolpaths Manager, and you'll see that some Ops are checked, and other operations (different NC File Name) are unchecked.

So only Operations which share the same NC File name get selected.

----------

A better solution, I think, would be to simply work this into your process of Posting a new NC File > 

1. Select all of your Operations
  2. Right-Click > Edit Selected Operations > Change NC File Name
  3. Verify you've got the correct NC File Name that you want for your program, and it will set all selected Ops the same.
  4. Post your NC Code
  • Thanks 1