Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chook to plot points

1 hour ago, NoLimit said:

I'm looking for a chook that plots points derived from degrees, and the distance given from a starting radius. Basically, import that from a spreadsheet.  I had one at one time, but can't find it. Willing to take quotes to have it made. 

Good afternoon, 

if you would like a quote for development of a chook for Mastercam, 

you can reach out to us with your company info & a description of your request @ [email protected] & we can send you a quote,

Thanks!

16 hours ago, NoLimit said:

I'm looking for a chook that plots points derived from degrees, and the distance given from a starting radius. Basically, import that from a spreadsheet.  I had one at one time, but can't find it. Willing to take quotes to have it made. 

If you have the point cloud data, nothing is needed..

as a txt or csv file it ill import directly on File >> Open and select the file

A quick 3 point file attached to illustrate...

File >> Open >> Select the csv, txt option, select the file...you'll get the 3 points...use that format

point cloud.csv

On 1/14/2023 at 7:22 AM, JParis said:

If you have the point cloud data, nothing is needed..

as a txt or csv file it ill import directly on File >> Open and select the file

A quick 3 point file attached to illustrate...

File >> Open >> Select the csv, txt option, select the file...you'll get the 3 points...use that format

point cloud.csv 40 B · 0 downloads

That works for points using xyz cordinates. I need to specify a starting radius, and then every point is a degree, and an incremental distance from the starting radius. 

• Like 1