Jump to content

Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Management of tool lists HELP!!


David461
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey! I wonder if anyone has a good tip on how to create their tool lists. The operators who stand in the machines do not program in mastercam, but they only have to manufacture the details. As a programmer, I'm not quite sure how to make it as simple as possible. They need to be able to print a tool list so they know what end mill, holder, etc. Do you use excel to write T numbers and all the details connected to it?

 

All suggestions are welcome, greetings from Sweden! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the answers! The problem is that I have so much information the operator needs to know. We manufacture a lot for aerospace and when the detail is approved, we are not allowed to run with any other tools than what was included in the FAI (First article inspection). A lot of 5-axis milling also requires that they rig up the right holder, for example. @Leon82 @Aaron Eberhard

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, David461 said:

Thanks for all the answers! The problem is that I have so much information the operator needs to know. We manufacture a lot for aerospace and when the detail is approved, we are not allowed to run with any other tools than what was included in the FAI (First article inspection). A lot of 5-axis milling also requires that they rig up the right holder, for example. @Leon82 @Aaron Eberhard

Totally understandable.   Here's an example of the default for tool list for Varco Reports, although it's very very easy to change anything you want about it:

image.thumb.png.7f30c854a35c537e9742367288008e5d.png

In this example, I'm building a Big Daishowa boring head onto an BD HSK63 holder.  

You can clearly see the info pulled out of the tool and holder information that I entered into Mastercam, for example, the holder is HSK-A63-CKB2-76.   I build the Tool with the "tool Code" as all of the components, so there's the head (10.310.820), Insert holder (10.626.122) and the insert itself (10.651.837).    I believe it will even QR/Bar-code if you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Totally understandable.   Here's an example of the default for tool list for Varco Reports, although it's very very easy to change anything you want about it:

image.thumb.png.7f30c854a35c537e9742367288008e5d.png

In this example, I'm building a Big Daishowa boring head onto an BD HSK63 holder.  

You can clearly see the info pulled out of the tool and holder information that I entered into Mastercam, for example, the holder is HSK-A63-CKB2-76.   I build the Tool with the "tool Code" as all of the components, so there's the head (10.310.820), Insert holder (10.626.122) and the insert itself (10.651.837).    I believe it will even QR/Bar-code if you want.

This might be interesting, will definitely check this out. The picture of the tool and the holder reduces the risk of setting it up incorrectly, so that's an advantage. Thanks so much

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2023 at 5:40 PM, Aaron Eberhard said:

Totally understandable.   Here's an example of the default for tool list for Varco Reports, although it's very very easy to change anything you want about it:

image.thumb.png.7f30c854a35c537e9742367288008e5d.png

In this example, I'm building a Big Daishowa boring head onto an BD HSK63 holder.  

You can clearly see the info pulled out of the tool and holder information that I entered into Mastercam, for example, the holder is HSK-A63-CKB2-76.   I build the Tool with the "tool Code" as all of the components, so there's the head (10.310.820), Insert holder (10.626.122) and the insert itself (10.651.837).    I believe it will even QR/Bar-code if you want.

Our Active Reports Setup sheets print like this.  Is there any advantage of using Varco Reports over Active Reports?

 

1113596090_toollost.thumb.png.25b483eeeed41b63621bdbdd1e2b3e23.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JB7280 said:

Our Active Reports Setup sheets print like this.  Is there any advantage of using Varco Reports over Active Reports?

 

1113596090_toollost.thumb.png.25b483eeeed41b63621bdbdd1e2b3e23.png

Varco reports is an overlay for active reports in the backend, it's primarily a customization front-end, and it's super-easy compared to coding things in active reports, in addition to making it easier to attach pictures/setup notes/etc.   If you've already gotten your Active Reports set up how you like it, there's probably not a huge benefit at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...