Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Speed up processing?

Jaz

More information: This does not appear to be related to the file size.  I deleted all solids, including drive geometry.  Reloaded file which is now 232,341 KB. Still takes minutes to open a toolpath parameter or to move a piece of geometry even if it is not associated with anything.

Any chance this has something to do with Tracking Changes? it appears I have that function turned off but I don't know how it works.

Your Xeon is only running at 2.6GHz.  I've got a ten year old gaming box that's about double that.  Mastercam loves clock speed, so the fastest i9 you can get is the best.

I assume you're running off SSD's and not over a network?

I'm still using X9.  Does modern Mcam still have the RAM saver function?  It recompiles the file to be more compact and efficient, clearing up the space that had been occupied by stuff that's been since deleted.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

Your Xeon is only running at 2.6GHz.  I've got a ten year old gaming box that's about double that.  Mastercam loves clock speed, so the fastest i9 you can get is the best.

I assume you're running off SSD's and not over a network?

I'm still using X9.  Does modern Mcam still have the RAM saver function?  It recompiles the file to be more compact and efficient, clearing up the space that had been occupied by stuff that's been since deleted.

It's called file repair now

• Thanks 1

Open your task manager and go to Performance. See if anything is getting maxed out during this.

You didn't mention what video card. If this is specifically happening during tasks that are graphics related, may be worth a look.

Is the file located on a local drive or network, or even worse...a cloud drive.

Is autosave on?

I am working over a network. Moving the file to local drive has no noticeable affect.  SSD drives.

Video card is Quadro M6000, delays do not appear to be related to graphics.

In task manager nothing is being maxed, CPU runs at 5%. Running multiple sessions, Vericut and/or CATIA has no noticeable affect on this MC issue.

Actual toolpath processing is not unacceptable, but just opening and closing toolpath parameters takes several minutes and moving or deleting geometry can take 20 minutes even if it is not associated with anything.  The more toolpaths in the file the worse it gets, during the creation of the 1st couple hundred toolpaths performance is acceptable. Deleting all the toolpaths in a file restores SOME of the response times, deleting all the toolpaths can take several hours.

Is this something that happens intermittently for you? I routinely work with large, very detailed solids that sometimes will have between 400 and 500 toolpath operations. What you're describing doesn't always happen to me, but sometimes it does. Somewhere along the line the file size explodes, even though it doesn't seem warranted, and makes it damn near unusable. 

Addendum: I've also experimented with it the same way you have. Take giant file, clear every single toolpath operation, wipe every single level of every single entity, delete every solid. resave. File size still giant. File still near unusable.