Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

putting comments digitally in active reports setup sheets?

halloweenking

I know that the comments section of the active reports setup sheets is for the operators to put in their own notes for setups.  Is there a way to digitally add them to the setup sheet.  If the sheets get thrown away or lost, those notes are gone.  The only thing that I have been able to come up with is save the setup sheet as a excel doc and type the notes into it there.  But excel does not transfer the sheet correctly and it looks very messy.  Are there any other options that I could try?  

Another possibility, although I haven't tried it, might be to create a manual operation as a comment and include that in your setup sheet.  There is a 750 character max limit to the size of the manual entry but you could do multiple manual entries.  

With Ron's PDF editor suggestion, you could add photos and pages of text and control the font etc.   AND you wouldn't have to open Mastercam back up to enter setup information and notes which might be gathered after the proveout is done.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:39 AM, Tinger said:

Yes, type your comment in the comment section here.

image.png.aa32431f88facc08f8d21bfc36e37a03.png

FYI with the above is that it will post out the comment if you have different toolpath groups within the machine group that are different ops.

All the ops will get the same comment. Different comments for different ops requires different machine groups.

3 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

FYI with the above is that it will post out the comment if you have different toolpath groups within the machine group that are different ops.

All the ops will get the same comment. Different comments for different ops requires different machine groups.

I've always created a new machine group for each OP so it works out for me.