Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma L250 getting ready to buy one , Has anyone used the machine navi for chatter ? is it worth the 3800

Socal_Tom

11 hours ago, Socal_Tom said:

I am getting ready to buy a new Okuma L250 and now they offer whats called machine navi, Has anyone used it 

Really going to come down to the type of parts and length of the parts. It is a process where the oscillate the rpms on the spindle to break up the harmonics of the sine curve going on. Once you understand this principle related to all turning wok then the science behind the process makes total sense. I have done the hand process on long shaft or deep bores where I kick the rpm up and down by hand 10% to 20%. I have programmed in Mastercam using segmented chains then used the toolpath editor to change the rpms that way using CANTEXT since RPM is not an option using the Toolpath editor.

Here you can see the lack of support for RPM in the toolpath editor where you have to add that ability to CANTEXT to get it.

R-03676 (Spindle speed be added to toolpath editor) Requested 8 years ago.

User story S-70756 Requested last year.

image.thumb.png.cde941bd2315181860a882133061f72f.png