Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best and fastest way to learn Unified? 

Hi all, I have about 2.5 years of 5th axis experience but mostly with Swarf Mill, Curve and lots of 3+2. I would like to learn how to drive the Unified Toolpaths. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to go about mastering Unified as fast as possible? recommendations, links, YouTube videos? I checked Mastercam University and help content but couldn't find much more than an introductory explanation about what they can do. Anything you think will help me would be greatly appreciated.

I highly recommend an actual training class.   Perhaps see what your reseller has or look into having someone come onsite if that's more practical.

To be fair, I haven't watched the online offerings so I can't critique how they're doing it, but I've been teaching 3 day multiaxis classes mostly on Unified alone, depending on how deep the students want to go.

Edit: I forgot to add a big benefit of the in-person class is that they can often be customized to exactly the type of parts & problems you're running into..  It's VERY hard to teach a "general" multiaxis machining class, and since I only do individualized training for each company, I always get sample parts & current problems to base my class on, and I know others here do it the same way (Colin, Ron, etc.).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Before I pursue professional help, would you mind pointing me in the direction of those free In-House training materials, #Rekd?

On 3/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, #Rekd™ said:

In-House has also released their training materials for free, you could try and look at that.

A class as Aaron is suggesting is the best option as you can ask live questions and most likely would get future support.

Before I pursue professional help, would you mind pointing me in the direction of those free In-House training materials, #Rekd?

Perhaps some training on using forums as well lol, sorry about that redundancy.

Get started, but don't settle in on having to remember everything and I cannot wait for 2024 version to come out to help everyone in the Mastercam community. With 20203 Unified was rushed into the Software without thought of a strategy manager for setting different ways of using the toolpaths. With 2022 we at least still had Morph, Parallel and other methods broken out without having to redo them every time with Unified. Unified was meant to dumb down the software to help the masses learn the 5 Axis Moduleworks toolpaths. It also simplified how much interfacing CNC Software had to do to present it to the Mastercam programmer from GUI standpoint. 2024 finally brings something Roger Peterson from Prototek crafted years ago into the software and that is the Strategy manager. The process will help all programmers crate strategies for toolpaths and save them with all toolpaths not just Unified. It is long over due and a huge step in the right direction to help new and old Mastercam users do their job better.