Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Remove "Move before/Move after" when rearranging ops

SlaveCam

Funny thing about this feature...

For years and years, it always used to function like this: Select ops, left click and drag and the ops that you dragged would automatically be MOVED AFTER the op you released on. Select ops, RIGHT click and drag and when you released, you'd get the option to move/copy the ops before/after the op you released on.

So like you, I've always wanted to move the ops after the op I released on. And I knew exactly how to do it quickly.

Then, one day it was mentioned here, that the functionality that we were all used to was actually a bug. They fixed it and now it's a nuisance. :lol: 

Now that it's fixed, we have the functionality that you're questioning. And I agree, I don't like it either.

• Like 4

I believe the alternative, and the reason why this was changed, was the dreaded accidental move of an op in the ops manager that would wipe out the structure of what you were doing. You'd move something by accident by holding the left click down too long and making a slight mouse movement, and not know what was moved, where it went, or where it originally came from, because the move was completed as soon as you released the mouse. The move before/move after menu not only gives you a chance to change where the op is inserted- it gives you a chance to cancel if the drag was inadvertent.

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

I believe the alternative, and the reason why this was changed, was the dreaded accidental move of an op in the ops manager that would wipe out the structure of what you were doing. You'd move something by accident by holding the left click down too long and making a slight mouse movement, and not know what was moved, where it went, or where it originally came from, because the move was completed as soon as you released the mouse. The move before/move after menu not only gives you a chance to change where the op is inserted- it gives you a chance to cancel if the drag was inadvertent.

Yeah when that used to happen I didn't even bother trying to figure it out I just reload the file.

14 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Yeah when that used to happen I didn't even bother trying to figure it out I just reload the file.

Which begs the question... why can't you undo a moved operation in the Ops manager? Is it a legacy code thing (/ducks) or is it really that difficult to do? 

• Haha 2