Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DEBUG AUX FILES

Good morning.

I'm trying to modify the generic post GMFS C350 for wire, obtained from the Tech Exchange for 2023 version, but there is a problem that it uses an EXT file and another LCC file and then merges them into the final file.
The problem is that the debugger only shows the lines starting at 109, and I don't know how to debug the previous lines.
I send a zip2go in case you need it.

Thanks and best regards
image.thumb.png.c4addcf6eeef038badb4e84d9b349c28.png

030087_A_DOS PIEZAS_550.MCAM-CONTENT

I don't understand how mastercam reseller system work. Before to buy the new machine we asked to our reseller if is there a post that works well in the new machine. Agiecharmilles CUT P550 Pro. The said yes, then we bought it. But at the end they didn't have. The reseller send us all posts of the tech exchange that have similar name (encrypted of course) but no one works well. 

We know that in other countries (we are in Spain) there are post of mastercam working well we our new machine, but they can't ask for one to other reseller.

We can't ask to other reseller then we are thinking to change cam to Fikus. They have a full operative post.

I am so sad for it, i am using mastercam for 25 years, we actualize to 2023 version, but all for nothing.

I am searching the way to do by me self, but the file is a XML file and it is new for me.

Thanks to all

In-House Solutions:

[email protected]

Postability:

[email protected]

Both of these companies are authorized 3rd Party Post Developers, and will sell you a Post for your machine, through your Mastercam Reseller.

There are Posts available, you just have to go to the right source (and pay for them), to get a working solution.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

In-House Solutions:

[email protected]

Postability:

[email protected]

Both of these companies are authorized 3rd Party Post Developers, and will sell you a Post for your machine, through your Mastercam Reseller.

There are Posts available, you just have to go to the right source (and pay for them), to get a working solution.

I have yet paid for the post, but all that they send doesn't work. 

Thanks for the information. I feedback it.

Can I talk with In-House or Postability directly?. I think my reseller doesn't want to solve my problems. 

The post is for WIRE.

Thanks

You should be able to talk with In-House or Postability directly, and the Reseller should work with them to sell you a working Post.

I know your Post is a Wire Post.

In-House Solutions has built hundreds of thousands of Post Processors for Mastercam. I'm sure they can get one working for your specific machine.

@Webby, can you please ask Alex Dales, if he can chime in on this? He is looking to source a Post for a Agiecharmilles CUT P550 Pro.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

You should be able to talk with In-House or Postability directly, and the Reseller should work with them to sell you a working Post.

I know your Post is a Wire Post.

In-House Solutions has built hundreds of thousands of Post Processors for Mastercam. I'm sure they can get one working for your specific machine.

@Webby, can you please ask Alex Dales, if he can chime in on this? He is looking to source a Post for a Agiecharmilles CUT P550 Pro.

Thank you for your attention. 

But something about this topic?. any help for to work with external files and debug them?

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, eltklas said:

Thank you for your attention. 

But something about this topic?. any help for to work with external files and debug them?

Thanks again.

To debug an external file:

1. There is a variable 'subout$' that controls the output stream. You can write to 5 different files, values are 0-4. NC File is the "main" file, when 'subout$ = 0'.
  2. You tell MP if you want to "initialize a new file" with the "stream program" variable. For AUX files, this is 'auxprg$'. Setting 'auxprg$ = 1' tells MP to overwrite a new file every time. Setting 'auxprg$ = 2' tells MP to "append" the output to the existing file.
  3. You need to set the File Path, File Name, and File Extension, to tell MP, "where to put, and what to name", the AUX File being created which is normally held in memory, and destroyed when no longer needed. You do this with the variables: 'snameaux$', 'sextaux$', 'spathaux$'. (name, extension, path)
  4. After setting 'auxprg$', and setting the correct path/name/extension for the file, you put the command variable 'newaux$' on a Post Line. This tells MP that as AUX file is being manipulated and filled with data, that you want to write that data to a physical file on your hard drive.

In the 2022 or 2023 Mastercam MP Online Reference Guide, or in the older PDF Files, look up:

auxprg$

clearaux$

mergeaux$

newaux$

subout$

newaux$
M L R W MT
Open a file to receive output for the AUX stream (subout$ = 2). You can open a new file or open an existing file and append the new output to it; use the auxprg$ setting to control the output mode.

If NC sectioning is active, the value of section_size_aux$ must be set to a non-zero value.

Opening a file for the AUX output stream
Follow this general outline when you want to write the contents of the AUX output stream to a new file.

Set the value of subout$ = 1. This activates the AUX stream and directs new NC output to it.
Set the values of the following strings to the desired path, file name, and extension:
snameaux$ = filename
sextaux$ = extension
spathaux$ = path
If necessary, configure the file for output with auxprg$:
Choose to open the file for new output or in append mode.
Select the character encoding: UTF-8 or ASCII/Windows code page.
Use the newaux$ command to open the file.
Where does this value come from?
Output on following NCI lines
None

Control definition page
None

How is this used?
Example
p_mypostblock
     if subout$ = 0,
          [
          sextnc$ = sncext + "_" + no2str(prv_section_size_nc$)
          newnc$
          ]
     else, if subout$ = 1, 
          [
          sextsub$ = ssubext + "_" + no2str(prv_section_size_sub$)
          newsub$
          ]     
     else, if subout$ = 2, 
          [
          sextaux$ = sauxext + "_" + no2str(prv_section_size_aux$)
          newaux$
          ]
     else, if subout$ = 3, 
          [
          sextext$ = sextext + "_" + no2str(prv_section_size_ext$)
          newext$
          ]
     else, if subout$ = 4, 
          [
          sextlcc$ = slccext + "_" + no2str(prv_section_size_lcc$)
          newlcc$
          ]

• Thanks 1

Hello Eltklas!

Unfortunately, some of these wire posts are complex. As you noted, it is not just the classic .pst file that creates the finished file, there are a couple of things working in the background to interrogate a dataset containing GFMS' technology data and merging/creating the final MJB file. It is not possible to debug the area that runs the data queries.

Would you perhaps be looking for a Uniqua post for GFMS? The file format is JSON and not MJB.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, HectorAtMastercam said:

Hello Eltklas!

Unfortunately, some of these wire posts are complex. As you noted, it is not just the classic .pst file that creates the finished file, there are a couple of things working in the background to interrogate a dataset containing GFMS' technology data and merging/creating the final MJB file. It is not possible to debug the area that runs the data queries.

Would you perhaps be looking for a Uniqua post for GFMS? The file format is JSON and not MJB.

It's ok, we use uniqua system, and the jobs files are JSON, but we are try to use the older file MJB of the C550 while get the correct post.

Is there any post to uniqua in JSON?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, HectorAtMastercam said:

Yes. We have recently developed a Uniqua Json post processor. It is fairly new, so we are asking people to be careful when testing. I have contacted your Reseller and they will be sharing the post processor with you soon!

Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, HectorAtMastercam said:

Yes. We have recently developed a Uniqua Json post processor. It is fairly new, so we are asking people to be careful when testing. I have contacted your Reseller and they will be sharing the post processor with you soon!

I have already the post, but it doesn't work well, I don't know if we have a configuration problem in Mastercam, but the machine doesn´t load it.

Who do Have I to contact, you or my reseller?  

Thanks.

22 hours ago, eltklas said:

I have already the post, but it doesn't work well, I don't know if we have a configuration problem in Mastercam, but the machine doesn´t load it.

Who do Have I to contact, you or my reseller?  

Thanks.

[email protected]

That would be a good start, even if they do want all communication to flow through your Reseller, you can at least establish the connection with CNC Software. You should mention you were talking with Hector on Emastercam.

• Thanks 1