Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating MDI Excerpts for Mazak

Hey there, first post so please excuse any usual question formatting. 

Anyways, I'm at a shop running an Integrex E-420H II. I run mostly castings and so WPC will shift part to part. I like to use one of the milling tools to set my Z on raw casting, but every time I need to or want to pick up on offset other than G54 I have to write out my G68 line because I suppose TPC doesn't like to follow the milling tools on this machine.

Now I used to run a 9 axis Mori Seiki and on that MAPPS control we could create excerpts for the soft keys for simple programs in MDI. Like parking the lower turret or for the tool change. 

Question being, does anyone know of a way to create an excerpt for the soft keys in MDI just like how you have tool change.

Not sure how much help this'll be...but might be a start.  Look into the J parameters on your machine.  I dont know how it works exactly...but in our case...someone wrote some custom toolsetting macros and managed to assign them to the measurement softkeys (SmoothX).

For us it seems, setting J65 with the macro program number...J66 w an M-code 'shortcut'...J67 = Calling type...J68 = 0....seems to do the trick.  I'm piecing together what was written down and comparing that with my parameter manual for a mill...so...no clue if this will be the same for your machine.  I'd use caution...but it might direct you where to go...