Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing the machine configuration

How can I change the order of the groups in the machine definition manager? It's set now as Machine Base/Mill Spindle Group/Table Group. What I want is Machine Base/Table Group/Mill Spindle Group. I can't figure out how to move them & if I delete the Mill Spindle Group, I can't add a group to the Machine Base.

AS IS.PNG

WANT.PNG

The 2nd pic is of a different machine that I already have, which is how I want the 1st one to be.

I figured out how to delete the group then reposition it & add the axis combination. But after I've created it exactly like I want it, when I click ok I get a message dialog the states "The machine does not have any valid axis combinations defined and cannot be used in a toolpath group." And it reverts to the original configuration.🤬

1 hour ago, Khary said:

Could you clarify why you're trying to change the order?

It shouldn't have any effect on behaviour.

The group order is not a big deal. The big problem is that I can't seem to make any changes that don't get erased, due to the,  "The machine does not have any valid axis combinations defined and cannot be used in a toolpath group.", message.

2 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

The group order is not a big deal. The big problem is that I can't seem to make any changes that don't get erased, due to the,  "The machine does not have any valid axis combinations defined and cannot be used in a toolpath group.", message.

This is what I have now, but I got the message when I saved it, so I'm assuming it is invalid for some reason.

now.PNG

After you reorder the groups in the Kinematic Tree, you need to go into the "Axis Combinations Dialog" (little button that looks like a coordinate system).

Go through the Axis Combination Tree, and make sure all the axes are selected. You must also select a "spindle" (tool holding component), and "table or rotary axis chuck", as the "work holding component".

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

After you reorder the groups in the Kinematic Tree, you need to go into the "Axis Combinations Dialog" (little button that looks like a coordinate system).

Go through the Axis Combination Tree, and make sure all the axes are selected. You must also select a "spindle" (tool holding component), and "table or rotary axis chuck", as the "work holding component".

Thanks Colin, I'll give that a shot Monday. After reading this, I realized I had completely forgotten about the actual axis combination. It's been a minute since I've done this.