Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2024 available for download.

#Rekd™

Material database migration came in corrupted. Tried migration again on just that file, no good. Took mc23 database , converted to text, then mc24 converted from that text, still no good. Finally just copied the mc23 file and dropped into mc24 location and it seems correct. By no good I mean the values were different between the 2 databases.  One material came in with a default cutting speed and feed per tooth of zero.I can't trust it right now. I'm doing one off parts, I'll try it in a couple weeks.

Mike

I downloaded 2024 about and hour ago and I'm finishing up migration now. 

I keep the Shared folder on the company server, is this why my configuration never transfers and file paths are always wrong with migration?

Every year, I have to re-do my configuration and correct all of the file paths because they default local, even though I transfer from the "old" Shared folder on the server into the "new" Shared folder on the server.

3 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

I'll wait until the third maintenance update, thank you.🙂

I've already started to find some annoying bugs but nothing has been bad enough that I wouldn't want to use the software.  Other than the new annoyance discussed in the other thread, I don't mind 2024.  For an initial release that was pushed out as fast as it was, it seems pretty solid so far.  There are a xxxx ton of bugs in 2023 even after the updates.   I'd say that 2024 is no worse so far.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:45 AM, SlaveCam said:

I'll wait until the third maintenance update, thank you.🙂

I'll at least wait until the 1st update...I get so tired of the d@mn bugs. I got one associated with Transform Project  logged in 2022 and it got worse in 2023🤨: something I use all the time. When we moved up to 2023 after the 1st update, Terry and I found half a dozen bugs in the first week, a number of which our reseller was unaware of. They always act like we ought to become Beta testers because we seem to find stuff others don't: I just want a reliable software, not one that with each update we have to find new workarounds to the latest crap, sigh...

The problem with waiting until the third update is that then there's zero chance of them actually fixing it the current year...and so you have to fight the bugs all year only for more things to get broken the next year...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sharles said:

I get so tired of the d@mn bugs.

They're in every software. Literally.

But somehow Mastercam seems to have a corner on the market for sheer quantity and level of work-flow-interruption. 

They always act like we ought to become Beta testers

Somebody should! (present company excluded)

so you have to fight the bugs all year only for more things to get broken the next year...

I haven't even opened 2023 and won't. We're still running 2020 here. 

If the stock setup issue is still xxxxed up we'll prolly wait even longer. 

5 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

They're in every software. Literally.

But somehow Mastercam seems to have a corner on the market for sheer quantity and level of work-flow-interruption. 

Somebody should! (present company excluded)

I haven't even opened 2023 and won't. We're still running 2020 here. 

If the stock setup issue is still xxxxed up we'll prolly wait even longer. 

In 2019 we did a major upgrade to our Mastercam capabilities which I shared at the time on this forum: loaded in tool holders and extensions, so we could create assemblies in the stand alone library. Had our reseller make some custom machine simulator models for us, including our 6axis machine. And we started using Varco Reports at the suggestion of guys on this forum so we could print out an exact model of the tools needed for collision-free machining after running it thru the other stuff....But 2020 and 2021 each had bugs that were so bad that we couldn't even move up because they negated all the upgrades we had just spent an entire year doing. We finally moved up to 2022 feeling like we were getting left behind...but we were NOT happy with all the stupid bugs...and in our opinion 2023 was worse, and we would have gone back to 2022 but I had continued to massively update/upgrade our tool library with new holders and tooling, and I didn't want to lose the ability to use them, sigh...

• Like 1

I know the pain. 

Mastercam does not seem interested in fixing bugs and making current user's lives easier. But they ARE interested in getting new customers. There's more $$$ in new customers. 

If they went one full release JUST fixing the multitude of stupid, bullxxxx bugs that have been lingering for years they would have a solid package.

Nope, not happening. They have to get that new sale by flashing new bells and whistles that un-ironically create more and more bugs in the core software that often don't get fixed.

• Like 1

My most improved feature is viewport performance, moving from 2022. Even a simple solid would chug-a-lug when rotating, only started noticing after moving from a 1080p monitor. But now on 2024, she spins like a top, and holds near to 60FPS even with materials on, with a Quadro K620 @ 2560X1440.

Also, after my remedial classes on the new stock setup, I'm quite happy with Twenny Four.