Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 16/18i Series Tip - Dataserver

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

This is how I set ALL of my customer's machines if they do not have Dataservers.

I also know can load a program from your memory card to a Dataserver (negating the need for a network connection). You HAVE to have Manual Guide i option on the control though.

This is how I set ALL of my customer's machines if they do not have Dataservers.

I also know can load a program from your memory card to a Dataserver (negating the need for a network connection). You HAVE to have Manual Guide i option on the control though.

Hi James,

Do you mean running the program off of the card?

Thanks

John

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes, I set my customers up with the ability to run off the card even if they don;t think they'll need to do it. It takes a few minutes, and if they have Dataservers and FANUC Manual Guide i I set them up with the ability to transfer programs from the card directly to the Dataserve.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yep, that'll work. :D:p

Great feature with Manual Guide i ; you don't have to change I/O Channels to read from memory cards... but I digress...

In "Edit Mode", go to O List, then right soft key over to Device. Select DataServer. Now, right soft key again over to M-Card. This should open up your memory card now. Select your file to input and you shoudl be off to the races. If you get an alarm stating something like cannot read from card, that meant you'll need to change a parameter. Send em a message through the forum and I'll tell you what you need to change.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got the card and adaptor I am able to read and punch off the card but am unsure about setting it up to run directly off the card. Any idea what I am doing wrong. I got it to start once but for the life of me cant remember what exactly I did since I was trying so many things. Have time for a step by step to get thru this? My file name is good my parameters are correct since I was able to get it to start once I just am unsure about how I got it to go. Thanks in advance for any help

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No special modes, just a dummy program with an M198 Px (x being the program number) and you'll be off to the races. I/O set to 4 also.

On the newer 30i/31i series, you can even call program names if you want, ex;

M198 <lolsweatervestismortal.txt>

and as long as you ahve a file on your card "lolsweatervestismortal.txt", it will run that.

HTH

• 3 months later...

Friendly bump here as we've been trying this out today (big HS toolpath that won't fit in the control run as a sub on the memory card).

Format as per James page 1.

Prog ran and got to M198 call to memory card.

Machine then hung - no alarm just froze. Changed I/O channel to 4 cured this (allow reading of memory card) :rolleyes:

Reset and ran again, all ran ok but got to the end of the sub, and alarmed saying 'Memory Card Error 0121' right on the M99 line.

If anyone gets this, just add a % after the M99 on the memory card :rolleyes:

Tip Top as they say!

Cheers James.

• Like 1

It probably has look-ahead at the very least. Try it out. In MDI command G8P1, and if you don't alarm out you have it, make sure you cancel it with G8P0. Next Try AICC/SHPCC which is G5.1Q1, if it does not alarm out you have it, cancel with G5.1Q0. Next try HPCC which is G5P10000 and G5P0 to cancel. These have some specific no-no's while in effect, canned cycles, program re-start, etc...

Didn't we find out sometime ago that Macro commands will not work in M198? I know it was on a newer control, but I would think the same would apply?

</FONT>

quote:
...off the wall things...

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

• 11 years later...
On 4/30/2011 at 2:41 PM, within a thou said:

Does anyone know the parameter I need to change so I can send a file from the memory card to the data server on the fanuc i30 control using the manual guidei? I get an alarm that says memory card read/write can't be used in data server. It works fine on our h-plus but not on our mam72. II just don't know what parameter needs to be changed on the mam72. 

#14853.4 = 1 - Able to transfer from memory card to Dataserver. (Reboot Req. - DO NOT change on touch panel machine)

We do MACRO calls, probing, etc... all from the Dataserver on 31i-B5's with no issues. Should be ok on 30i-A and 31i-A as well. Dicey on a 16i/18i series. I don't get on those much anymore.