Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 16/18i Series Tip - Dataserver

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Thanks to James cheers.gif

Just set all the Mori mills up this am, all went without a hitch.

code:

%

O0051 (READ PROGRAM ON CARD)

M98 P52

M198P1234

M98P53

M30

%

%

O0052 (SET TO READ CARD)

G90 G10 L50

N20 R4

G11

M99

%

%

O0053 (SET TO READ CABLE)

G90 G10 L50

N20 R0

G11

M99

%

Took any needed parameter changes right out of operator hands, they just need to enter the P callout on the 198 line.

I might just automate that too, maybe a misc int variable and have it read the variable. Then they won't have to interfere at all.

• 1 month later...

Just learned about this feature today, and just thought it was way to cool, no way not to share this one.

Paramter 3301 bit 7 =1

Now insert your flash card and hold down "shift" key for about 8 - 10 sec. (you will see the clock stop, hold it down til it starts again) you now have a bit map picture of you screen (screenshot) on you flash card.

This will work with any screen, doing machining and with alarm on.

This is a great way to capture history alarms that can be emailed to the manufacture, or if you want to have a new wallpaper on your home computer just so you can be reminded about work biggrin.gif

Lars

[ 03-17-2006, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Lars ]

I have my gig sd card and a USB reader. Can trow it into our Gildemeister Sprint 20 lathe and we could use it in the DMG 64v Linear mill we had last year. That was slick. Fanuc controls are windows 2000 or CE based it acts just like it would on the computer. You just find the file and open it. The mill also had bluetooth, I am pretty sure anyway, never had anything to test it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually you can release the shift key once the clock stops. If you do this while machining the cycle time stops counting up as well and the Dist. To Go stops updating for those seconds.

Very cool tool if you're having trouble with the machine because you can do ladder traces and take screen shots in various states and e-mail to service.

cheers.gif I forgot about that one until you mentioned it.

• 8 months later...

Would it be possible to use G10 to write the baud rates and other transfer parameters. I ask because we use Cimco for all our machines, but sometimes I might have a program on my laptop that I would like to transfer into the machine. I was thinking if I wrote a small program that changed the parameters to my laptop's settings then read the program in then reset the params back to Cimco settings, I could do some work at home on my Laptop. Also bumping this thread back up.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes it is possible to write those parameters. You'll need to know the parameter number though.

Here's a program to change the comunication channel from 5 to 4, run from the Card, change back from 4 to 5.

HTH

O777(RUN FROM MEMORY CARD SAMPLE)

G90G10L50

N20R4

G11

M198 P1234(PROGRAM TO RUN FROM ON MEMORY CARD)

G10L50

N20R5

G11

M30

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You cannot read other directories on the card. It must be in the root.

That's too bad Tony, this REALLY is a great option for running large programs.

• 2 months later...

The question was asked earlier if you can search for the tool number to start at. The answer is yes. I was having problems drip feeding from Cimco to a 21i control. Since my 21i has no tape mode on it. We used a compact flash card and drip from the card and you can start from any tool. We revamped our post to read N numbers only from the tool change. So if you want to go to OP6 you would simple have the control search for N600 and hit cycle start.

• 5 months later...

*BUMP

Ok....when I try to load a program from my card ( SanDisk CF card & PCMCIA adapter) the program loads ( yes, i know that's a good thing) ...BUT...I get "Memory Card Error 121" Anyone know what this means? Thanks to James and everyone who contributed to this thread for all the great tips and instruction, great thread!

There is a format routine on the control that sometimes I have had to use. I don't have my Fanuc manual with me today or I would look it up for you.

The format works fine on your PC and I don't know what the difference is between it's format and formatting on your PC.

I have had some memory cards that wanted the on control format to read dependably. It could be a loose card adapter as well since the program loaded before you got the error.

Ok, I added the "%" back at the beginning and end of my program and everything works fine. So far I can even keep my normal program names with no problem....I havnt tried drip feeding ...just loading the programs into the control. This is on a Fanuc 21i/M control. Thanks again for all the help guys !

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

... I added the "%" back at the beginning and end of my program and everything works fine...

That is listed as one of the things to do on the very first post of the topic so that answer was not as far as you thought... biggrin.gif

Indeed it was James ...but after reading thru I guess I lost track of the plot ...lol.....somewhere you said to "lose the percent signs" .....my reading is much like my hearing....very selective ! Thanks for all your help....you're the man !

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...