Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Okuma Lathe /Mill users?

DavidB

Cutterman,

I hear you Alfred who who who...........

I have a Mastercam solids book.

You are more than welcome to borrow mine if you like.

I actually have it at home with me its V9 solids.Also V9 lathe if your interested.

So if you email me I can get it to you some how and im sure it will be a lot quicker than Alfred.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Mick,

This is the Turn/Milling post....

# Control Name : OSP7000

# Description : GENERIC OKUMA /W LAP3 CYCLES & C-AXIS SUPPORT

You are correct in that the post if you turn on Misc #2 it should post out a canned cycle.Well thats what the text in post says.But when posted the code is longhand?Its not a canned cycle?

cheers.gifcheers.gif

• 11 years later...

We have a veritable Okuma showroom:

4 LNC8 Cadet lathes with the 5020L control

4 L370 Captain lathes with the E100L control

2 ES-V3016 VMCs with the U10M control

1 LT15-M Twin / Twin live tool lathe with the U100L control

AND I'm trying to get the funds released to buy 2 more L370 Captains right now

When I first started working here I had never seen an Okuma before and I HATED the controls at first because they are considerably different that Yasnac / Fanuc / Haas structure controls [we have all of those here, too]. Now if I had my choice of lathes [which I pretty much do] I would not buy any other machine tool than an Okuma; the controls are very powerful and easy to understand once you get used to them, the machines are powerful, fast, rigid, and deadly accurate and NEVER have maintenance issues

Okuma ROCKS!!!

C

chris

you wouldn't probably have the okuma captain l370 live tooling post files..i just started this new job and it a small job shop, they cant afford to get one developed, and im really trying to keep my job, if i can get this machine making parts with their live tooling. ill have some job security

they cant afford to get one developed

Dude, it's a 12 year old thread........

That's their problem, not yours.

By the way, asking for posts is not allowed.

Scratch that... ask all you want.... but good luck finding someone to give you one.

• Like 1

chris

you wouldn't probably have the okuma captain l370 live tooling post files..i just started this new job and it a small job shop, they cant afford to get one developed, and im really trying to keep my job, if i can get this machine making parts with their live tooling. ill have some job security

MPLMASTER from this website will get you close so will the Generic 4 Axis Lathe Post.

MPLMASTER from this website will get you close so will the Generic 4 Axis Lathe Post.

Thanks for your help 5th....i know than im going to have to change some of the modular codes..all the cordinates should be the same...maybe some M-Codes might have to be change...hopefully the programming manual gets her soon so i can be more precise...you cant really get any info on this machine

Only took you 12yrs but im glad you replied to him :cheers:

PEACE :D

Well, he did have to put some thought into the answer :laughing:  

• Like 3