Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Puma 10 HC Lathe Communications

kodoan

I'm working with a Daewoo Puma 10 HC Lathe with a Fanuc O-TC Control. I can send from the Machine to the PC, but not VisaVersa. Using a Standard cable built from the old MC 3.2 book instruction, cable works great on Fanuc 10-current controls. I not sure if I need a special EOF charactor or not, or if I have something else wrong. BTW, I have set all parameters on the control as stated by Fanuc manual. Any help would be a great help.

Thanks

On the file that you have sent from the machine to the PC - Look at the first line, and copy and paste these characters into the file that you want to send into the Machine control. This might work for you as the machine is likly waiting to see those characters before it will read the rest of the file. Another thing to do is try removing the Program Name line at the start and just jamming in the code. Our OT is finiky and by just messing around, we found something that works. (we relearn with each new operator as well...)

Thank you, But no luck. Code from machine has a % on the beginning and end of file. It might be a parameter that I'm overlooking. The only manual I have is for an O-TB not the O-TC that we have. Cable I'm using is a 9 to 25 pin

9 Pin 25 Pin

3 3

2 2

5 7

4-5 Jumpered

6-8-20 Jumpered

Any other assistance would be great.

Ok, a few more things to try:

1. Plug in a RS-232 tester to make sure the port on CNC is not "dead" for receiving.

2. Double check the parameter on CNC:

I/O should be 0, Format should be ISO (not EIA), PAR#0002 bit 2 should be 0 & bit 0 should be 1. (don't forget to write down the original settings before make any changes)

3. Fanuc OT should not need any special EOF character other than the %, but you can always try a few ASCII 0's.

Here's what I have, port is live, checked using a loop back check method. Can send files flawlessly from CNC to PC, when sending from PC to CNC, having Hardware handshaking, start sending from PC, PC waits for signal from CNC, when it gets it, PC sends file and says transmission complete. But no file gets to PC, using ISO now, RS232 port is also being used, tape port not available. I/O set at 0 also, any new ideas.

Thanks

Wait for Xon should be used with Softawre Handshake. Maybe you can try the following:

1. Change to use Software Handshake (Xon/off).

2. Just for testing, remove wait for signal setting on PC, get CNC ready for receive and then send the file from PC - see if you get anything at all.

What DNC software are you using anyway?

Hi,

Ying had some great suggestions above. I can only assume that if you are receiving a file out of the machine and it looks good then the baud, i/o port, cable is set right. With Hardware handshaking, when you que the file up and read - Does the LSK change to INPUT at any point? LSK is a term left over from the days of reading paper tape - it means label skip. Remember the man readable characters in the beginning of a tape where the punched holes would spell out the name of the tape? The machine would actually start reading the file when it saw the first End-of-Block character; The Label Skip would go out and the Buffer light would illuminate.

By using Hardware handshaking, like you state above, then when you press input - the RTS line would toggle and the PC would send the data (doing its job). If the LSK light just keeps flashing then it means the machine never saw the end of block character or like Ying suggested that the memory protect was on - this may be called 'Edit Lock' and be a keyed position.

There are seperate chips for send/recieve on the O-TC control. It is possible to send out of the machine and have a blown 'receive chip' on the machine.

Regards,

John Carpenter

www.WireFreeCNC.com