Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Auto Cursor in X

heeler

Is there a way to turn the auto cursor off in X? I really hate the auto cursor and like to just push the keyboard button to have the cursor select center, endpoint, ect.

DID I SAY I HATE THE AUTO CURSOR.

I see so many error here with the people using the auto cursor. Just a slight movement of the mouse and you don't get what you wanted.

Hopefully someone can help. I don't want to have to use the autocursor screen every time, and I don't want to rely on the little, little picts of tangent, endpoint, ect.

Thanks

Glenn

P.S.

Right clck, autocursor, disable all.

Unfortunately, the single key shortcuts

C = center, M = midpoint, E = endpoint etc are gone.

Personally I like the autocursor a lot, but I miss the single key shortcuts. It would be nice

if we could make the ltlle autocursor snap symbols

bigger.

I dont understand why people would want to pick something manually when they can select it by just pointing. What could be eaiser than just moving over the endpoint to select the endpoint. How could picking another key, with your mouse of menu, possibly be easier?

Maybe your just getting too many choices.

Above the ribbon bar there ia an Exclmation mark Icon ( ! ) that says Config (when you mouse over it). Pick that and turn off the snap functions you DONT want to use. This lets you be more selective about how the autocursor works.

Mike Mattera

"Unfortunately, the single key shortcuts

C = center, M = midpoint, E = endpoint etc are gone..."

...but not forgotten. Go to Settings, Key mapping, select AutoCursor from Category list, and you can create shortcut keys to whatever selection modes you want. Go to Settings, Customize, and you can add them to the right-click menu.

--Robert

Jay,

That is what I wanted to get away from. I really hate to have to click all over the screen, I really liked the way that in V9, I could be in the create function and with auto cursor off, could just push the button on the keyboard and know that it would only select what I wanted. A simple click on the keyboard and I would only get what I wanted now. I couldn't begin to count how many times I have went out with our operators looking at why a machine or Mcam was F'd up. Just to find that they had used auto cursor(a near as I could figure) to select something and had it use the wrong thing.

Glenn

I would like to repeat

I HATE THE AUTO CURSOR

p.s.

I'll have to check out the key mapping thing

It is obvious that when the big square disappears, you are sketching. If you are moving fast, the big square could be just disappearing as you click leaving you with a sketched point that looks real close to being in the correct place. What you end up with is a hole out of position. Even worse, it's so close that you might not even notice it until inspection.

I'm not asking for opinions as to why I shouldn't worry about accidently sketching. I'm asking if there is a way to customize autocursor in v9. I'm happy to know that it's available in x though.

Paul

Paul McGarr,

quote:

is there any way to customize autocursor in version 9 to keep it from sketching?

In V9 AutoCursor is either on or off, no customization. When it's on, AutoCursor will select whatever snap point it is closest to. When it's off, AC will not snap to anything so you can select specific points in a modal fashion. Just click on themenu selection or type the key on the keyboard and it will remain with that selection until you choose something else.

In Mcam X, Jay (aka cadcam) shows a picture of AutoCursor selections from the AutoCursor bar. As Robert B. from CNC stated, you can add any or all of the AutoCursor selections to the RMB menu. It's easy. Key mapping is another way to customize your seat of Mcam X to work more like V9. Personally however, I prefer to use the AC as it is in X. I think it works well. When you want only Centers of arcs, simply disable everything else except centers of arcs. Bring the cursor close to an arc center and when you see the little icon, click mouse button. HTH biggrin.gif

So heeler, how do you like autocurser? I agree that there are many times ( a screen full of small circles) when hitting the "c" with one hand and positioned the mouse with the other is the quickest way to pick the centers and not quadrants or end points. I do also like autocurser for most other selections.

quote:

So heeler, how do you like autocurser?

DID I SAY I HATE THE AUTO CURSOR. banghead.gif

quote:

I never use autocursor because it is too easy to accidently slip into sketch mode.

+1000

Glenn