Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How It Works In X

Charles Davis

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

Yes, you get a new computer.

In my opinion, you need Win XP Pro, at least 1280x1024 graphics with 256MB video RAM, and at least 512MB of memory (1GB much better).

You need a mouse with a wheel button in the center.

While you are at it, I HIGHLY recommend a 17-19" LCD monitor. It is much easier on the eyes and gives you more desk space.

Luckily, this type of system if probably a lot cheaper than you think.

R.O.Y._23,

quote:

Can we still select, for example, create/line/endpoints/and then select endpoint. Then click on the line nearest an endpoint you want as the 1st endpoint selected?

All the point selections that were available in V9 are still available in X. The menu is part of the Autocursor bar, which is right above the ribbon bar to the left of middle in the screen. Check out the image below. The drop down menu shows all the point selection methods. HTH cheers.gifbfo0mo.jpg

ROY_23

Notice the ! just left of the select options.

This sets what type of geometry features the mouse will "see".

Make sure Endpoints is checked, and your Autocursor should work nicely.

Also, use the mouse wheel to zoom up on the area. Notice that the zoom focus now depends on cursor location.

This makes it a lot easier to zoom up on an area so the autocursor jumps to the endpoint you want when working in a cluttered area.

I am trying to format the feedrate for an older machine that accepts no decimals.

(OKUMA OSP3000)

Ex: F.007 would be F70

F.010 would be F100

In V9, the format statment was: fs 12 0 4t

and the output was: F70

In X, I have tried: fs2 18 0 4 0 4t

The output I get is: F0070

Can anyone help me get rid of the zeros to the left? headscratch.gif

Charles,

good call on adding "accept" and "end selection" to the right mouse button.

I also added most of the point selection buttons(see Peter's post above) to my rmb, along with autocursor. This way they're only a right click away when I'm not using autocursor(which is rare).

Another tip if you need to copy a solid to a different level. In the op manager, right click the solid you want to copy and choose "Duplicate". Then you can right click on the duplicate solid and choose "Attributes" to change its level or color.

You can also do all the standard solid ops from this menu--very handy.