Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"Setting product enable bits..." hang up

Thad

When launching MC for the first time in the morning, more often than not, the splash screen comes up and says "Setting product enable bits..." and it just hangs there. The 3 finger salute will get out of it but this will repeat until the system is rebooted. This usually happens when the computer has been left on all night and MCX is launched in the morning.

Is this possibly a network issue? We're not running NetHasp, but some directories are mapped to network locations and we're having other networking issues with the computer right now. It's the only computer that we have this problem on.

Thad

Can't say for sure that is the problem Thad. I have my .nc and backup directories mapped onto the network and I have never seen this screen.

I am not running a nethasp either. Pooter is on pretty much from Mon @6:30 til Fri @ 5:00

headscratch.gif

Pete,

I just found out that our network guy will be out this morning to clear up the other problems with this PC. I don't what "product enable bits" are or if they even have anything to do with our network, but this is the only PC that has both problems. I'll see if the network fix does anything for us and then give your suggestion a try. If I do both, I'll never know what fixed it.

Thanks.

Thad

• 15 years later...
  • 7 months later...

But this thread resurrection has been most helpful.

I had crash on start up issues with Mastercam 2022.

Even after a full reinstallation it still failed, system restore failed, however copying the Config folder, a suggested, from a working installation worked.

👍

On 4/17/2021 at 1:41 PM, Sanket Patel said:

Copy CONFIG folder form C:\Users\XYZ\Documents\My Mastercam 2021\Mastercam\CONFIG form working PC

Past it on that PC in which we have  Setting product enable bit mastercam  this Error.

• Like 2
On 4/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, neurosis said:

Damn..  this has to be close to the reviving the oldest thread award?  :D 

A while back I we were getting a rash of old topics being revived... like pre-2010 so I wend and dug up something from like 2001 :rofl:

We've come a LOOOOOOOOOONG way since then., however, some problems STILL persist. What woudl be cool is if CNC would just spend one release and pick off a bunch of low hanging fruit. It would really go a long way.

JM2CFWIW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1