Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X users: Here's some info on my experiences today *gripe alert*

N3526J

Today I downloaded and installed the X+ Tool (setup sheet and more http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...1;t=017889;p=0)

The part I started prior to that is just a mirrored 4ax small airplane part. Pretty simple stuff.

I'm used to X crashing, I'd say 10 times a day or so.

After mirroring and installing the X+ utility and using X for about 6 hrs, X has crashed probably 15 times. Dumb stuff like Create_Line_Endpoint is locking it up. Verify crashes about every 3rd time I use it. Don't know if it's because I mirrored or the X+ thing. BTW the X+ thing doesn't really do anything and the only thing I did was change the appearance of the operations manager.....but then changed it right back.

Is there anyway to uninstall the X+ thing?

After this part I'm back to 9. Can't take any more.

Merry X-(no)mas!

Dan

I don't have any advice on why you are crashing so much, but I found just the opposite with X. V9 would crash on me about 2-3 times a day without fail. I think X has crashed on me 2-3 times since I've started using it (about 3-4 weeks now for actual jobs).

Dan,

What is you hardware setup? OS, Vid card, RAM, how much is allocated for MCX. CPU speed, is your fan functioning properly? You crashing "could" be a heating problem. IS your system unstable under anyother stressing programs?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

If you're crashing that much I'd venture to say your computer is to blame. Video drivers, other conflicting software, .... something.

I crash less now than I did with V9. Though for me V9 was stable as well.

One thing I've found with X is that I forget to exit a function and that sometimes causes problems but that's me not the software. Perhaps CNC shoudl consider down near the Color Manager or in that region of the UI we could have a status bar we could check for open functions. I believe I'll send that suggestion right now.

N3526J Give us your specs as i use more then one computer and added that C-hhok to mine and do All kinds of work and do support for the office and see all types of stuff and do not have near the troubles as you.

So lets see if we can find out whats happening to you give us a run down and if needed share a file to.

Try this: disable hardware acceleration.

It should keep you from crashing.

But having to do it, is total crapola IMO bs.gif

You should NEVER have to slow down acceleration..

disableacceleration.jpg

I have the Northwood core with ICE and run cool blue with CPU pegged...

Use to crash same as you until I installed Update 2 & 3 and Windows updated mouse drivers and net framework..

Since those updates, I crash very little now.

I have my acelleration pegged!!!

I used to crash a little bit in 8, Then we made a new computer using the best type of components where ever possible. Using ecc memory and server grade boards. And I run 4 mastercams at any givin time and I never crash, I reboot the computer maybe once a month to refresh the cache. But I feel computers not using ecc memory could be a influence in crashing your system. Also for graphics I am using a nvidia quadro card, which imho is the best card for mastercam.

Another note to crashing, I use my work computer that runs mastercam as that, a work computer. I dont have a bunch of useless programs installed on my computer. I have a junk computer right next to me with internet access. That runs all the crap programs and anything unrelated to cam programming. So what I am getting at alot of people keep installing software on the computer they want to use for machining. And complain when mastercam crashes. It could be the huge boot up of other programs fighting for computer resources.

Jim

Jim