Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

doubleclick--highlights depth but not minus sign

beej

quote:

I tried using surface contour for "detect flats" and it picked up on the depth and the - sign , which toolpath are you speaking of ?

It's not so much-what path your using. It's when the depth is already keyed in the field and you doubleclick to highlight it and change it.

ie depth -1.000; I double click it but it only highlights 1.000, not -1.000, it wouldn't be a big deal. except yesterday on stock offset, on the hsm paths the stock offset was already set to -.005 and when I double clicked it to set it to +.010 the "-" sign didn't get highlighted and it actually became "-.010".

I caught it before I cut it, but in all honesty I got lucky.

• 6 years later...

The shop where I work just updated to windows 7. We were running X6MU2 with Windows 2000 and there was no problems. It looks like it doesn't think the minus sign is a charature. When a level is named ( for example ab-cd-ef ) double clicking only highlights ef . Has anyone figured out how to fix this, it hasn't caused a crash yet but it's only a matter of time before it does.

I did a little Google search on this subject because I know I have ran into this when helping someone out on the tech support desk, however I couldn't remember the solution to the problem. It appears it maybe related to your language settings. If you go to Start, Control Panel, Region and Language and then Keyboard and Languages. Then click on Change Keyboards and ensure there is only one default language setup there being English US. If you have a second or 3rd select the other language and choose remove. Give this a try and let us know if this works for you.

I know living in the great white north for some reason when we install Windows we get 3 yes thats correct 3 different languages (US English, Canadian English and Canadian French) and from time to time the keyboard will switch from one to the other and then back again. So I usually just remove the Canadian English and Canadian French and then we are good to go.

I did a little Google search on this subject because I know I have ran into this when helping someone out on the tech support desk, however I couldn't remember the solution to the problem. It appears it maybe related to your language settings. If you go to Start, Control Panel, Region and Language and then Keyboard and Languages. Then click on Change Keyboards and ensure there is only one default language setup there being English US. If you have a second or 3rd select the other language and choose remove. Give this a try and let us know if this works for you.

I know living in the great white north for some reason when we install Windows we get 3 yes thats correct 3 different languages (US English, Canadian English and Canadian French) and from time to time the keyboard will switch from one to the other and then back again. So I usually just remove the Canadian English and Canadian French and then we are good to go.

Just have 1 language chosen. Every reason I have seen so far has been blamed on Windows. But not how Mastercam uses Windows.