Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VIDEO CARD PROBLEMS ???

gcode

I'm running MC V8 on a PII400 WIN 98 release1

Frequently when I start MC, the axis markers will fail to display.

If I don't get the axis marker, I can't see

any geometry I create.

If I load an existing prgram nothing is displayed. Statistics says there is geomerty there, but Regen fails.

Sometimes I may reboot 4 or 5 times before

MC starts in a useable state.

My local customer support says it is a video card problem so I upgraded to a Diamond Viper

ii Z2000 (32meg)

That seemed to help for a while but the situation gets worse as time goes on.

Sometimes it works fine other times I can't use MC at all.

Today I upgraded my Diamond drivers and DirectX to the newest versions and the problem is worse.

Now I'm getting white tails that follow my mouse around and stay on the screen till I hit redraw and MC will start properly about 20% of the time.

Any help at all would be appreciated

We've used Logitech for many years on all 5 seats of Mastercam, and never had a mouse problem. Insread of the latest drivers, try loading the Version 7 mouseware drivers. Just because marketing pushes the latest, it isn't always the best. We run 3 button Logitech on our Cadkey and office systems also. Win 95, Win 98, NT, no problems.