Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 shipping?

kamman25

kunfuzed,

Are you using ie or Firefox, I've noticed lately that when downloading Windows security is blocking certain downloads, especially if they are not signed when using ie, ie7. It doesn't tell you it was block it just stops part way through the download so check the file size matches. Firefox seems to work fine though and handles larger downloads better in my expirience.

I have been running X2 since the day it was on the server. For those who haven't upgraded yet here are some of the things I ran into when moving to X2, your posts, machine def. etc. will need to be updated, if you take your current ones and copy then rename them like MPFUNUCX2 etc.(this may work best if you create them in MR2 so when you update they are readily rocognized by X2) this will save some confusion when going back and forth between versions. I wish I would of done that when Transitioning to X from MR0304. Also be prepared to spend some time moving files around in the directories to get any user apps, c-hooks etc. working again. Not sure if everyone is having this problem, but if you start a program in X2 and you happen to open a Tool Library, Post etc. that hasn't been updated to X2 yet MCAM will update on the fly and then crash... so it is a good idea to update all of your posts, Mach defs, tool libraries etc. before starting to use X2.

MCAM keeps getting better. X2 is the best yet.

Troy