Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ONA post

john bowersett

We recently added an ONA wire EDM to our shop. The installer supllied us with a post but it was written for metric output only. When writing an inch program in MasterCam the post only outputs to 3 decimal places even though I have the configuration set to 6 places. Does anyone have an inch post for ONA they will share or know how to edit the post for correct output?

Thank you, J.B.

John,

how's it going, haven't heard from you guys in ages. I'm in the trenches now and lovin' it.

miss the crew at Prism but pay scale here is much better. can actually afford to take my wife to dinner every now and again. all is good, drop me a line.

i'm thinkin' you could use math equation in the post to convert from metric to inches. Don't know if that's too messy for ya but give me a call to discuss if you want.

215-256-9521 ext 1569 5:45 a.m. till whenever

John,

Have you figured this out yet?

We have an ONA Prima S250 here and using a post with Inch output with ni problem. I'm using the standard post with a few minor revision and mine posts with 5 decimal places.

Few questions...

What machine? Which version of MC? Have you check the System Tolerance?

Go to System Configuration -> Tolerances -> System tolerance. Mine states 0.00005

Also check System Config -> Screen -> Number of places after decimal for analyze. Mine has 5.

Just something to like at....

cheers.gif

• 13 years later...