Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I need help sending programs to Mazak

millman2002

I am useing CNC-EDIT and I need help sending and recieving files to/from Mazak with M+ controls. Is there someone that can check parameters G1 through G13 in their Mazak control and tell me what they are set to? And what to set CNC-EDIT to. I keep getting Pairity Error H & tape reader error. I have tryed many times over the past 3 or 4 years with no luck. Once we had the MAZAK Service Rep. try for 4 hr @ $125.00 and he couldn't do it.

Thanks

Gary confused.gif

I dont use CNC-EDIT, but try these settings on the computer side;

Data bits = 7

Stop bits = 2

Parity = Even

Parity check = No

Baud = 19200

Flow control = Xon Xoff (or Hardware and Software)

Mazak side;

Under the "TAPE" column

G1 = 0 (baud rate, 0 = 19200)

G2 = 3

G3 = 0

G4 = 0

G5 = 3

G6 = 1

G7 = 0

G8 = 0

G9 = 1

G10 = 3

G11 = 1

G12 = 0

G13 = 3000 (this is the time out period)

G14 = 0

G15 = 0

G16 = 0

Also you must use a Null modem cable. You can get this at any computer store. What this cable does is switch pins 2 and 3.

[ 03-15-2002, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

Mill man that is a free space, any thing in that FTP space is for everyone that has reged with this forum.

the post that you are talking about I put A while back that says for V7.

you are welcome to it.

[ 03-18-2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

• 2 months later...

Hope I'm not to late to the party!

We have a Mazatrol Cam T3 controller and are having problems communicating to it as well.

Can I use the same parameter settings that you listed here or would they be different?

I think the max baud rate is 4800.

We just want simple offline program storage.

Can I use a simple terminal program or do I need a dnc?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

To make a long story short, try the parameters I listed above (in my previous post). But in the Mazak parameters under tape set G1=2 (baud rate = 4800). (Just to be safe write down your old parameter's values)

Ok, now the long version. I dont have a T3 control so the Mazak's T3 paramters may be slightly different, but in the Mplus controller the parameter G1 under TAPE sets the baud rate. You can double check this in the Mazak's operator manual under Parameters.

G1 = Baud rate

0 = 19200

1 = 9600

2 = 4800

3 = 2400

4 = 1200

5 = 600

6 = 300

7 = 110

8 = 38400

9 = 76800

Obviously make sure your baud matches in both the controller and DNC program. I use the old windows terminal program and use the above settings (in my previous post above). I know it sounds strange, but even though on the computer side I set the number of Data Bits = 7, to get it to work I had to set on the Mazak controller to Data Bits = 8 (G5=3). I figured this out by trial and error (I had trouble as well, so I started playing around with the paramters, and finally got it to work this way) Hope this helps.

[ 05-23-2002, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

Thanks for the help.

I'm assuming I would use a null modem cable also.

The documentation I have shows odd pin connections.

And finally, we have a mazatrol offline programmer/simulator can we use the same settings

to get the two controllers to "talk" to each other?

Again thanks for your speedy responses.

This forum stuff is great.

After enjoying a long period of hassle free MC V8.1.1 sending to our Mazak M2, the most recent job I did wouldn't send. Same MC, same PC, same post. Sends 6 lines from the PC then gives "error 470 tape reader error" (power to tape reader not switched on or cable not connected). If I cut 8 or 9 lines off the front and paste on the equivalent from a previously generated NC (and edit the tool number), it sends OK. I can't see any difference between the two versions of the 8 or 9 lines. Anyone got a quick answer?

Thanks, Fabulous Forum, Hugh Venables.

• 3 years later...

I am trying to download from my computer to a Mazak M32 controller at a 19200 baud rate. We have changed from the old RS-232 cable to fiber optics to download at this faster speed. Now my tech is telling me that a M32 controller can only read at 4800. Is this for real?? Has anyone had success downloading faster then this on a M32? Need help!!

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...