Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

Colin, That would be a wallet flatening tool. While it would be cool - I think I would be consigned to a deep, dark, cold place for a substantial time.

The Hyperdrive4 would get me there - at ONLY $2400 for 16gb.

I'll pass for now.

Bogusmill - go to http://www.cpuid.com and get PCWizard2007 - double check your temp. I just emailed my stepson and his OC'd from 2.4 to 3.4ghz runs at 72C (161F) with a high end cooling system with extra fans, etc.

My OC'd FX-60 idles at 39C but under load hit 60C (about 140) in short order. My laptop (lap heater) Idles near 70C and with V9 (CPU HOG) hits 85C in about 3 minutes (That is 185F).

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean? When I got my 5 min. 4 sec. time on the benchmark I opened the .MCX file, changed the tolerance to .0001 on all three toolpaths, selected all three, hit regen and started timing.

I used inches, the metric times always seem faster. I had just loaded MCX2 so I hadn't changed any settings. But I don't understand what 1 to 1 or 3 to 1 is.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I go 5min 2 sec on my new box.

XP pro

Extream core2 2.93 over clocked to 3.4

4 gigs a ram

Quadro fx 4500

Dual 24" monitors

This was tested out for over a week with my IT team before releasing to me on the floor about to build 2 more.

Temp stays cool and seems to be really stable and fast.

Great time, 4sec. faster than my home built. You have twice the RAM, and a 9% overclock. What did the box cost? I think your video card cost more my whole PC.

Your FSB is probably close to 300MHz, mine is 500MHz, an 87% overclock. My FSB is probably making up for your having twice the RAM. I have 1 10,000 RPM HD but it's not yet installed. When I get the second and they are in a RAID 0 array I'll run the bench again, see if I can regain the speed lead.

[ 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: bogusmill ]

Bogus I to have the 160 gig Rapter 10,000 drive in there.

We did do before this one a 2.13 core2 and clocked to 3.5 and it did well but the extrem core makes the clocking easer and less stress on the core.

They want me to play for a few weeks keep an eye on the dempature if all goes well they want to try taking higher and testing.

I will check on the FSB as I do not remember what it was set for and I will check on the MB who makes it.

I know it was not to cheap the Extreme core was about $800 and the 650watt power supply was close to $200. Then there is the Lian all alum case that was about $100. just some of What I know.

the ram is the 800 were they did not go with the 1066 that it supports.

Cadcam,

Mine is a C2D E6320. Stock speed is 1.86GHz, thats a 7X multiplier and 266MHz front side bus. 7 x 266 = 1862

Now at 500Mhz FSB my processor is about topped out at 3.5GHZ but yours should be able to reach 3.8-4.2GHz. You'll need good RAM and CPU cooler. I think your multiplier is unlocked and at 11X so if it will run at 12X you should have 3.7GHz. I have my vcore at 1.512 volts and still dont break 130 degrees, I use a 580W power supply, Shark aluminum case with plenty of fans, and Crucial PC8500 RAM. Would cost about $1600 to duplicate today. Wouldn't you know it, right after I completed building it, there is a new chipset out and quad core just got faster and cheaper. Might build another new machine. Any one interested in an ex-record holder.

The FSB is clocked at 1250 and it runs at 50c all day and peekes during extreame crunching to a hi of 57c. the mother board is EVGA680I the Core is a X6800. we have it like you set on lite side of 3.4 and looking after a while of boosting.

PS I see I said 3.5 ealer that was the Core2 duo 2.13 we were playing with upstairs in IT.This one is at 3.4 right now.

the CPU cooler is huge and a speacial buy to do exactly what we wanted to keep it cool.

We are ordering a Quad Core to play with next.

• Like 1

Something is wrong with your FSB number. You have a default multiplier of 11.

11 X 1250 = 13.75GHz

Evga 680i is a very good board. My air cooler barely fits the case and I put 2 120mm fans on in push pull arrangement. I've never broken 54c with CPU using this set up. Research your quad core. There is a couple of new ones out that run faster, cooler, and draw less power.

Would have guessed 309 so I got close. Won't be doing quad core, at least not on this board. If you do I'll bet you slowdown. I might try Xenon core 2 though. Loading a Raptor this weekend to see if that helps. A second one in RAID 0 a payday or 2 later and try again. Keep your eye on heat. 680i MB's run hot.

• 2 weeks later...