Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drill Points

Kevin Goddard

Hello all, I am new to X2 so I am struggling with the simple stuff. I have a solid model of a round part in mill on a rotary trying to drill a hole on centerline. Drill point selection menu - entity....I can not get it to select the CENTER. All I can get selected is the edge, midpoint everything but the center. I have tried for way to long, different features, whatever. Starting to feel like a fool. What am I doing wrong please? Thanks in advance....Kevin

go to edit then simplify select all splines enter and in the bottom left corner it will tell you how many splines you converted. Play with your tolerance and you should be able to get it to a arc unless it is a 3d spline in which case go to xform project click on the spline then set a plane and select enter then try simplify again

This is a real problem when dealing with tubes that have cross holes.

2 good tools for finding the center of cylinder.

1. HOLEAXIS.DLL will create a centerline by selecting the surface on the hole. It is a free chook created by verisurf and if you search the form you will find link for download.

2. Create->Curve->Flowline.

set number to 3 and the direction to go around the cylinder. This will create arcs on your hole.

Thanks guys, Holeaxis looks like the hot setup for this application. I would have never known about it if it were not for this community. One man show here. Does Solid Drill toolpath work without the solids option? If so, I have not figured it out yet. Thanks again forum and thanks to Ernie at Verisurf for the chook.