Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-AXIS KINEMATIC VERIFIICATION DMG

banister

1st post, please go easy on me...

Has anyone milled something in a 5 axis mill to verify how exact the kinematic parameters are set?

I was thinking of milling a cube with datum holes centered on each face. Each face would be faced and not interpolated from the top. Would this work?

Has anyone messed with kinematic parameters on a DMG 60T with Heidenhein Millplus IT control? I can tell you its fairly involved. They want $5000 to write a probe gcode file that can check and reset parameters as needed. Might be cheap in the long run but boss says too much $$$ for now. Anyway when the head tilts, things get off by as much as .0025" in a vectored direction.

Thanks in advance for any help...Kyle

Our service guy here in sweden made a program for us to do that. He made it so five sides of a cube is both face milled and side milled.

And then the probe is used to measure the difference. Of course you have to have correct length and radius settings of the mill that is used. It's a rather easy program to make yourself

Wow, thanks guys! Lots of great opinions.

I still need to figure out which parameters to adjust the kinematic model. There appears to be roughly 25 parameters that are used to adjust it. I was just wondering if anyone had tackled it and how much trial and error was involved.

Thanks again....Kyle