Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cutter comp

clayallen

All Mcam experts,

In Mcam X, or 9 for that matter. How do I force cutter comp to happen BEFORE the -Z plunge. In X there is a switch on the machine def/post options to enabe comp ABOVE the part. The default is no. It makes no difference in my output code with the switch on or off. It always comps with the tool in the material. this is not good.

Is this one of the bugs in X that got fixed in X2?

According to a friend, in Mcam 9 there is a Misc real value that controls the same feature. Any one know how to do that in 9?

ca

Hello and welcome to the forum clayallen! cheers.gif

I know the switch you are taking about in the Control Definition, but the same switch actually appears in the Lead in/Out setting itself from inside your Contour/Pocket Finish parameters (Plunge after first move & Retract before last move switches) Try it there. You should see it in the Backplot as well as in the final code.

I'm guessing that you are switching it on in the Control Definition, but then seeing if it works on toolpaths that you have already done (where the switch was "off" and not "on" when the toolpaths were made).

That's why you have a lead-in move so that at the end of that move your comp has been picked-up.

I prefer it that way because say you are starting in an existing hole and don't have much room, this is where picking up comp above the part could be a problem. As long as your tool is in the correct position at the end of the lead-in move you are good to go.