Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any of you guys use an ultrasonic cleaner?

MILLRUNNER

Moderators, I know this isn't the right place to post this particular topic, but I am really in need of some advice and I can't find anywhere else to look. If this is isn't the right place for this question please excuse me.

The company I work for recently bought a new ultrasonic cleaner. its a small Crest unit. It has the heat option on it. We are searching for things to add to the tap water to use as a cleaner. I have tried several different things with very undesireable results.

We will be using this cleaner to clean wire machine head parts and various other small parts. Most of them are stainless and we do have some carbide and brass parts as well. We use an acid solution diluted in water to clean them most of the time, but we thought we would try this ultrasonic cleaner. I added some of the acid in with the parts in the cleaner, and it will turn them black, especially with heat.

I haven't put any valuable parts in yet, just old scrap pieces.

If any of you all use these types of cleaners, what do you add to your water to make them clean well?

Thanks

Search McMaster Carr for Ultrasonic Cleaning Solutions. They have brief descriptions of what each one is for (metal, etc.)

If it were me, I'd call the manufacturer of the unit and tell them what you are cleaning and what you want out of the process. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you.

Got a jewelery store nearby?? They use ultrasonic for rings and gems and earrings. Our jeweler gave my wife a small ultrasonic unit with solution so she could clean her own jewelery. It works but not as well as the professional model. The solution appears to me to be a non-foaming detergent.