Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Mastercam from Home

lou

Hello All,

I have Mastercam X2 MR1. I have 10 design seats and 5 Mill seats that are on a NetHasp on my server. I am looking into working from home once in awhile and log into my company through the terminal server. Can I use one of the licenses logged in from home?

Thank you for all and any input…. Lou

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to know how to setup the VPN.

We have a nethasp at work and I have Mastercam loaded at home. I don't want to use a "remote desktop" connection. I want to open Mastercam at home and have the software go across the net to verify the nethasp on the server at work. I know that passwords will have to be used and suppossedly the IT guy set up the system to allow the VPN.

Thanks for any help.

• 3 years later...

Hello All,

I was able to set this up once and I'm attempting to do so again. I have a document I got from CNC Softwate the explains how to edit the nethasp .ini file to search for the IP address of the machine with the Nethast installed. The document and hardware are at home right now; I was hoping I could varify the syntax.

Thanks, Kathy

• Like 1

I've got NX5 and Vericut running at home via a VPN tunnel to my employeers licenses.

It works very well. With a good broadband connection, it's no differrent than being at work.

Since I've got my own HASP, I've never tried to hook up to my employeers Mastercam licenses.

I did find that your home security suite makes a huge difference.

I had to completely shut off Windows firewall to get it working..

Kaspersky took a lot of tweaking but I got it to work OK.

Norton Interent Security ran right out of the box with default settings.

Hi Gcode,

I'm using a company laptop trying to access the company license, via the VPN so I should be okay as far as fire wall, security... I found the code lines for the Nethasp.ini file:

NH_SERVER_ADDR = 10.20.10.20 ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP

; License Managers you want to search.

; Unlimited addresses are possible.

;

; Possible address format examples:

; IP address: 192.114.176.65

; Local Hostname: ftp.aladdin.co.il

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silly question I know, but do I replace the 10.20.10.20 with 192.114.176.65?

:) Kathy

(Yea - I'm back doing some MasterCAM work!)

• Like 1