NC-X

Level Mgr showing entities but none exist.

Using Mill X2 MR2 SP1.

Level Mgr. showing 1 or 2 entities but all entities deleted. Un-blanked all and deleted as well.

X2 MR1 SP1 was doing the same but after un-blank delete Level Mgr would show 0 enties.

List Levels set to Used or named but all these levels show up with 1 or 2 entities that should not show up. Anybody else? using ATI Radeon.

Is it a driver thing or a known problemo?

Does screen statistics show any info? I would try Screen >> Regenerate display list.

Yea, I get the same thing. It is on a system created level 1111.

If you unzoom (fit) all the way, you'll be able to unblank a lone note. You can also select it by using the dim quick mask if no othe dim types are on the screen.

This note is ALWAYS on level 1111 and it always contain the characters "< !VSX>""

I have quit finding and deleting, as it always comes back. Meh thinks it's just some artifact.

Screen stats show nothing. Tried regenerating and ram saver. Almost any new level that I used

temporarily and then delete or move all entities

to another level will now show 1 or 2 entities.

MR1 SP1 did same but after un-blank and delete would then show 0 entities and then would go away. I am about to try new video driver but would rather not. Finally got this box working pretty good.

When I've had things like that I wanted to get rid of I would turn on all levels except the one with the bad entity, select all and then do save some. I think you can even save overwriting the current file name.

Oops. I went to do the above but I have tons of toolpaths in this file. If I save some I'll lose my toolpaths. I did load the latest graphics driver but it didn't help. This only started when I installed MR2 SP1. Any other suggestions?

Wait a tick! The new driver did no removed the entities from the files already with the problem however it seems to be working on new files.

I can delete entities off of a level and have it show 0. Eureka! New Driver fix!

When I have this problem it is usually after importing an Autocad file. Don't know how to get rid of them. I don't get them though if I import a Step file.

I am having the same issue. I am showing 1834 entities on Level 1. When I run a screen statistic on this level it says that I have 0 entities on this level. Looks like a bug to me.

I am running X2 MR2 SP1.

Nothing blanked or hidden ??

You try regen display ??

PEACE biggrin.gif

Yep... I've tried all of these. That was my thought. I have blanked surface entities so I unblank and nothing appears on the screen. I shut all levels off except for level 1 and do a screen stat and receive a message that this level contains 0 entities but the level manager stills shows 1834.

When in doubt about what you're seeing for an entity count in the Level Mgr, right click in it and select "Report" and then say 'no' to the "visible entities only?" question. This will give you a ScreenStatistics-like count of what entity types are found on that level.

Also, note that some non-CNCSoftware C-Hook developers create itsy-bitsy entities some time so that they can carry extra information around in an MCX file, by using an entity that you should never see.

I did that and this level (level 1) does not show up on the report.

LevelsReport.gif

Mine does the same thing.....

Shows 71 entities in level manager. Not even listed in the report. I have an Nvidia Quadro FX1600M Graphics card not ATI And I don't think it is graphics card related. I know this is an old post but has there been any solutions to this problem? These files are from another Mastercam user using X3 not an import from another system and I don't use any c-hooks.

- Jason

This used to drive me crazy too.

I finally found that Screen>Un-Blank Entity always fixes it for me. biggrin.gif

I do the screen unblank all the time because there are always surfaces to be unblanked. But this is for those levels when nothing is there. If you have blanked entities the level report will acknowledge them.

- Jason

Pete,

Yes, I can send you the file. Actually I have many. I will just pick one to send to you.

- Jason

quote:

If you have blanked entities the level report will acknowledge them.

OK...understood.

I thought maybe you hadn't tried unblanking.

Hmmmmmmm.

So they're not blanked entities.

headscratch.gif

Maybe Pete will be able to make sense of it. wink.gif

Thanks fo the help Jim. I sent a file to Pete to see if he can make anything of it.

Take care.

- Jason