Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level Mgr showing entities but none exist.

NC-X

Here's the response I emailed Jason a couple minutes ago...

"...With files that have been imported from other CAD packages, File/Properties should tell you the original file name and type. On this part it tells me that it was originally from Rhino.

Those entities are “copious data” entities, which are usually used temporarily by us when reading trimmed surfaces from some file formats. I’ll look at the Rhino importer and I’ll see if it’s leaving them in the database. Their color is black (color 0) which is why the ‘you have entities in the background color…” message appears.

Since they’re supposed to be temporary entities, they don’t show up in display (which is why Statistics doesn’t count them) so they probably shouldn’t show up in the Levels Mgr either –since it only causes confusion. I’ll look into this. Getting the original Rhino file would help, too.

Oh, and your prayers have been answered...X4 contains a ‘Delete’ option in the Levels Mgr right-mouse menu...."

(though maybe I shouldn't be leaking X4 information outside the Beta forum )

wink.gif

• 10 years later...

I have been suffering this problem as well  and i have tracked it down to the machine simulator  select a  level with a known amount on entities in it run a machine simulator and the count will go up depending the machine you select some increase the count  by 2 some others by 5 or more do a level report showing all items , the active level when you started the machine simulator will 2+ "Copious Data" as yet I have not been able to remove this data.

This is a real pain in the but and has been sending me nuts trying to find it so if you run the simulator use a level with Geometry on it so can just delete the level

On 7/21/2019 at 3:28 AM, squirrel_41 said:

I have been suffering this problem as well  and i have tracked it down to the machine simulator 

Not sure this is the cause in all cases. Never run machine sim and I see it fairly often. 

As Jim says this is usually a blanked entity(s) which get created during some process with a "blank original entity" option. 

This is often a button on the parameter bar and is easily overlooked and so the geometry gets copied and original gets blanked.