Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level Mgr showing entities but none exist.

NC-X

Using Mill X2 MR2 SP1.

Level Mgr. showing 1 or 2 entities but all entities deleted. Un-blanked all and deleted as well.

X2 MR1 SP1 was doing the same but after un-blank delete Level Mgr would show 0 enties.

List Levels set to Used or named but all these levels show up with 1 or 2 entities that should not show up. Anybody else? using ATI Radeon.

Is it a driver thing or a known problemo?

Yea, I get the same thing. It is on a system created level 1111.

If you unzoom (fit) all the way, you'll be able to unblank a lone note. You can also select it by using the dim quick mask if no othe dim types are on the screen.

This note is ALWAYS on level 1111 and it always contain the characters "< !VSX>""

I have quit finding and deleting, as it always comes back. Meh thinks it's just some artifact.

Screen stats show nothing. Tried regenerating and ram saver. Almost any new level that I used

temporarily and then delete or move all entities

to another level will now show 1 or 2 entities.

MR1 SP1 did same but after un-blank and delete would then show 0 entities and then would go away. I am about to try new video driver but would rather not. Finally got this box working pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep... I've tried all of these. That was my thought. I have blanked surface entities so I unblank and nothing appears on the screen. I shut all levels off except for level 1 and do a screen stat and receive a message that this level contains 0 entities but the level manager stills shows 1834.

When in doubt about what you're seeing for an entity count in the Level Mgr, right click in it and select "Report" and then say 'no' to the "visible entities only?" question. This will give you a ScreenStatistics-like count of what entity types are found on that level.

Also, note that some non-CNCSoftware C-Hook developers create itsy-bitsy entities some time so that they can carry extra information around in an MCX file, by using an entity that you should never see.

• 1 year later...

Mine does the same thing.....

Shows 71 entities in level manager. Not even listed in the report. I have an Nvidia Quadro FX1600M Graphics card not ATI And I don't think it is graphics card related. I know this is an old post but has there been any solutions to this problem? These files are from another Mastercam user using X3 not an import from another system and I don't use any c-hooks.

- Jason