Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary move post question

I have a simple contour toolpath for an undercut wall. The rotary must be tilted to A 2.947 to accomplish this cut. When I post the toolpath with my updated V9 mpmaster machine def, control def and post I get the correct rotation move of A 2.947. When I post the same toolpath with the latest and greatest mpmaster machine def, control def and post I get A-2.947 which is incorrect. Can someone please tell me what I need to change to correct this problem. Using the old updated machine def, control def and post is not an option with this machine because I need to utilize some of the new functionality of the newest mpmaster.

Thanks

I went into the control def under rotary and changed the following settings:

-Break rapid rotary moves

-Attempt to adjust machine to bistable position

Neither of these fixed the problem. I'm not sure if that was what you were talking about.

I aslo changed:

rot_cw_pos from 0 to 1

and

one_rev from 0 to 1

neither of these fixed the problem so I changed them back.

All of the code looks the same with either post.

Only the +- sign is different on the A move.

Any suggestions?

Sorry was not in front of Mastercam. Go to the machine definition. Then click on the rotary axis. There you will see a direction radio button. CCW is the top one and CW is the bottom one. Try changing this 1st and repost. If you are still not happy with the results on that same page on the bottom right hand side is Continuous Axis Type where you see 3 more Radio buttons. These were the specific ones I was pointing you too, but would try them after the Direction.

HTH

• 1 year later...

Ken, that (should) not be required. If you changed your local MMD, it should be good to go. If you changed your global (on-disk copy)MMD, then you may need to do a replace.

Ron, Things are going good. Pretty much ground floor. Prior to my getting here, they didn't use the system. We are now running lights out, unattended, with one guy doing load/unload at the load station. All post and play, no edits allowed. biggrin.gif

On weekends, we load em up on friday and let em run all weekend by themselves.

We'll have to get together one of these days. cheers.gif

Next Time I am up that way I will let you know. I sometimes go to Oxnard, but it has been so busy lately no time.

Robert excellent to hear someone doing a system like that the way it is suppose to be done. Load, hit the green button and walk away from it. You know that is just crazy talk right. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Maybe one day I can come visit the shop and pimp Verisurf to you guys. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif