Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post processor customizing

Mgrenier

Hello all,

I am writing this hoping that you can help me. My boss asked us to contact whoever necessary to customize our posts processors. Of course, we instantly thought of our Mastercam reseller but the computer guy and our boss want us to have another company to maybe quote for the customizing of our posts. They are asking this just to make sure that our dealer doesn't take advantage on us. I was wondering if any of you guys have called another company to have your posts customized and what kind of support did you get from these companies.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

[ 05-13-2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: marting ]

the best way is to just dive in and go for it.

it will take awhile but you can see of it is

doing what you want it to but looking at the G-code it produces. just be sure to save an original in a couple of different places so when

you get it all messed up, you canstart from scratch. once you've done it for awhile, it'll

be not that bad to do. atleast until you get stumped and even then there are guys on this forum who can help. email me and i'll help get you started.

Since everyone here is so supportive, I've got a question. I've had a little bit of experience custimizing and creating posts. But the one thing that I have never been able to do is post out additional tool information from the nci file, namely the 20007 section that lists flute length and overall length. I know that your supposed to use the "rpar" commant but there must be something I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me with this or even better, show me an example.

Thanks

I've done quite a bit of post customisation for various people over the years. If anybody needs assistance, I'd be happy to look at it.

I've done posts for Fanuc, Okuma, Mitsubishi, and Hitachi Seiki.

My boss quite happily lets me use our software to do any post work for people, as it keeps me experienced smile.gif

Guess that makes me more of an asset to him smile.gif

I know Gary,

I've been that far with the customisation of our posts but I have no clue of where I am going with the next step since we want our posts to give us variables for depths of cut and the amount of material to cut on top and a few more situations.

Chip Maker,

Mpmaster (available on this site under Posts) has the 20007 values already available. Search for 20007.

First initialize variables in order as they are on the 20007 line. Then in pwrttparam (for the tool table NCI pre-read) and/or pparameter (for the regular NCI run-through - not used in Mpmaster) add your rpar line:

if prmcode = 20007, pilot_dia = rpar(sparameter, 11)

This means if the current NCI parameter gcode is 20007, then parse the line into the 11 variables that you've initialized in order, starting with pilot_dia. All the other variables will be available for use in your tool table, or tool change comments.

[ 05-14-2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Thanks to Jim Evans @ CNC Software. The email you sent me totally explained how to get what I wanted. All I was missing was that I had to define all the parameters, and then just use the variable to code out the one I want.

Thanks Again. I'd be pretty lost without this site.

Martin,

I know we have only begun discussing the optimisation of your posts and we are scheduled to meet next week to take a close look at your needs, but there are plenty of other ressources available if you want to "shop around".

1. Contact In-House Solutions, the canadian distributor of Mastercam, they offer post optimisation and are probably willing to quote the job.

2. You can purchase the MP Post Processor Guide in PDF format for a low cost and search around in there to find out what you need.

3. CNC Software offer post processor courses in Connecticut for people wishing to develop there posts skills.

4. You can find someone on the forum to quote you for the modifications and optimisations, but make sure that you get adequate support.

5. Or you can wait until next week! smile.gif

Regards, Luc

Hello Luc,

I know, my idea was to contact you and see what you can do to help us. But as I said, My boss asked me to see if someone else would be able to do the job and compare the ration quality/price which is something every company is looking for.

See you soon,