Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis

Go Navy

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to use our 4th axis basicaly to just hold and rotate our part. I have to machine different features on each side of the part and I have tried checking the rotory axis and rotate about the x axis in the parameters page but, it only outputs a0 and never a180 as I am expecting. the part verifies with the tool coming from the top and the bottom of the part but no axial rotation? any words of wisedome?

thanks in advance for your help

Al

Thanks for the super fast help.. I changed my tool plane from top to bottom and it did rotate my a axis from 0 to 180 but it machined off the part so i changed my construction plane to bottom also and that seemed to fix it.. is this the correct way??

thanks again

Al

quote:

changed my construction plane to bottom also and that seemed to fix it.. is this the correct way??

generally speaking bottom and back planes will get you into trouble.

If you have to machine on bottom or back I would suggest take your TOP plane and clicking on Planes >> Rotate .. and rotate it the proper amount you desire around the X axis, when the Save dialog comes up give it a name and use that plane instead of Bottom or Back

JM2C